Sign in with
Your question

LCD Advice

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
November 29, 2006 12:38:45 AM

Hey, I was wondering, on an lcd, do you need to run it in its native resolution, or do they display fine under that. For example, I'm looking at a samsung 24" widescreen lcd monitor and the maximum and recommended resolution is 1920x1200. If I go lower than that is the quality of the picture going to take a hit? Another question I have, when I'm looking for a lcd monitor what do I want to look for in terms of specs?(Pixel pitch, brightness, response time, contrast ratio) And also, Is this samsung 24" widescreen a good monitor?

More about : lcd advice

November 29, 2006 2:21:40 AM

Quote:
Hey, I was wondering, on an lcd, do you need to run it in its native resolution, or do they display fine under that. For example, I'm looking at a samsung 24" widescreen lcd monitor and the maximum and recommended resolution is 1920x1200. If I go lower than that is the quality of the picture going to take a hit? Another question I have, when I'm looking for a lcd monitor what do I want to look for in terms of specs?(Pixel pitch, brightness, response time, contrast ratio) And also, Is this samsung 24" widescreen a good monitor?

You always want to display at native resolution if at all possible. *Some* lesser resolutions may appear OK, others will be terrible. You just have to try and see.

All of the 24" are medium-high end and are very good, but they won't have the fastest response time. If you want fastest, look for a 19" with a TN panel... like the Viewsonic VX922.
!