How make Win Explorer open new drives in same window?

July 1, 2005 7:50:03 PM

I am in Windows Explorer.

I double-click the D: drive (or a folder which is on D:) .

Windows Explorer then opens a new window to show D:.

How can I make Win Explorer re-use the Window I started in?

-----

In other words, how can I open new drives in the same Win Explorer
rather than having a new Win Explorer opened?
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 2:56:09 AM

Go to Control Panel, then Folder Options
Click on View tab
Uncheck the checkbox "Launch folder windows in a separate process"
Click on OK

--
Regards,
Yao Su

"Peter Davis" <nomail@privacy.net> wrote in message
>I am in Windows Explorer.
>
> I double-click the D: drive (or a folder which is on D:) .
>
> Windows Explorer then opens a new window to show D:.
>
> How can I make Win Explorer re-use the Window I started in?
>
> -----
>
> In other words, how can I open new drives in the same Win Explorer
> rather than having a new Win Explorer opened?
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 2:56:10 AM

Actually, that's something different.

Windows Explorer, Tools, Folder Options. Click "Open each folder in the same
window".

courtney sends....

news:o kaiJ1kfFHA.3164@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...