modifying registry for launch and access permission

HarrY

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi

I'm working on building an ASP.NET application that integrates with
Quickbooks. I need my application to launch quickbooks and do what it has to
do. I've not written any ascripts to change the registry before.

The COM object will need to have the launch and access permissions modified
to include ASPNET and INTERACTIVE. The launch and access permissions are in
binary in the registry. I've started reading a book by jerry honeycutt but
it doesn't show how to append something like ASPNET to a binary without
deleting the existing permissions. How I can append ASPNET and
INTERACTIVE to the access and launch permissions? A sample script would be
very helpful

Thanks
Harry

Malke

harry wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm working on building an ASP.NET application that integrates with
> Quickbooks. I need my application to launch quickbooks and do what it
> has to do. I've not written any ascripts to change the registry
> before.
>
> The COM object will need to have the launch and access permissions
> modified to include ASPNET and INTERACTIVE. The launch and access
> permissions are in binary in the registry. I've started reading a book
> by jerry honeycutt but it doesn't show how to append something like
> ASPNET to a binary without
> deleting the existing permissions. How I can append ASPNET and
> INTERACTIVE to the access and launch permissions? A sample script
> would be very helpful

You have a much better chance of getting an answer if you post in a
newsgroup that is for developers instead of in a general operating
system newsgroup. Here is a list of all the MS newsgroups so you can
find a more appropriate one:

http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

Malke
--