Sign in with
Your question

Application Unable To Start Correctly (0xc0000142)

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
September 1, 2012 1:19:32 AM

I could not find any solutions to this bug on the internet right now so I am coming here to see if anyone has a solution. This is the exact error that I am getting.

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142) Click OK to close the application"

This happens whenever I open a .exe or application type file. I cannot get into Command Prompt as it says it when I try to enter that also.

A suggestions on how to fix this would be gladly appreciated. I do not want to re-install Windows 7 on my computer because I have important stuff on my computer.

More about : application unable start correctly 0xc0000142

a b $ Windows 7
September 1, 2012 1:23:22 AM

Hi :) 

There is a Virus that infects .exe files....

Run a full scan with MALWAREBYTES and Norton 2012...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
September 1, 2012 1:27:55 AM

Brett928S2 said:

Trying it out right now... Hopefully I can get my computer back to normal.
m
l
Related resources
September 1, 2012 2:40:28 PM

Brett928S2 said:

So I ran it overnight with 2 scanners running, MALWAREBYTES and Emsisoft. Removed all objects found and rebooted.
But it still did not fix the point that I cannot open .exe files... Any other suggestions?

Also I cannot do a system restore.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 1, 2012 3:57:29 PM

Do reinstall of windows over the top of the existing install to keep settings and hopefully it will correct things, if not, you will have to do a full format and reinstall.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 1, 2012 5:14:11 PM

iFaymous said:
So I ran it overnight with 2 scanners running, MALWAREBYTES and Emsisoft. Removed all objects found and rebooted.
But it still did not fix the point that I cannot open .exe files... Any other suggestions?

Also I cannot do a system restore.

There is a fix...Google UNHIDER.EXE

m
l
September 1, 2012 11:47:43 PM

Brett928S2 said:

There is a fix...Google UNHIDER.EXE

I just did a full system factory restore but I saved all the stuff before I reinstalled it. The error didn't bother me that much and I was actually looking forward to restoring it to get all the crap off my computer.
m
l
!