Printing conflict

Ed

I have a Microsoft MN-700 Wireless-G Base station hooked
to a Comcast modem. Works great except when I print.
The internet connection goes away for about 2 minutes.
Sometimes with heavy printing I need to go to the browser
interface and release and renew the connection.

I have an HP laserjet 1300 connected to USB port.
Pentium 4 1.6g 512MB running Windows XP Pro.

Any ideas where to look?

May be a resource conflict in the PC (or a problem with the
printer driver or printer software). But before check the
printer spooler is enabled (on the printer settings).

Then try with different USB ports and see if that helps.

Otherwise, check Control Panel/System/Devices. Check for
resource conflicts between the network card and the USB
port, including IO and IRQ ports -- if possible remap them
(but be careful to write down original settings in case
things stop working).