Sign in with
Your question

19" LCD blacks out 2 seconds after its turned on

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
November 29, 2006 5:34:39 PM

The brand is AMW, and its quite new. The monitor blacks out 2 seconds after I turn it on. It seems to work fine the two first seconds though ;) 
Any ideas how to fix it?
a b C Monitor
November 30, 2006 12:10:01 AM

Any idea if it's going into standby or something?

Also, try forcing it to choose DVI or VGA in it's menu depending on which you are using.

BTW, does the menu work aftwards? Does it provide any info about what's going on -- like if the monitor is in standby or running at a certain res?

I suppose it could be defective... or it could be something else... don't know.
November 30, 2006 7:29:31 AM

Hi, thanks for answering!
It goes into standby, the power light turn from green to yellow, and it's not possible to acces the menu.

By the way, I called the shop concerning this problem. No help in that, they just gave me a new one. But this one still doesn't work!
Related resources
a b C Monitor
November 30, 2006 2:05:56 PM

Hmm... well I guess the menu wouldn't work in standby now that I think about it considering the backlight would be off (unless it turns on when it detects a button pushed).

So, maybe your video card is telling it to go into standby for some reason. At what point does it go into standby? Is it while the BIOS is still processing or when it switches to loading the OS? Could you try a boot disk?

I suppose you had a monitor that worked just fine on that system before? Are you using a different connector on your video card with the LCD? Could you try using the same cable and connector that you used to use with the other monitor that worked?

I suppose, you could also go through the menu and try out various settings to see if they do anything.
November 30, 2006 4:48:48 PM

Have you tried any other monitors with that computer? Tried that monitor on any other computers? If no other monitors work on your computer, check your video card to make sure it's seated properly. It's just a little bit out of its socket then you'll get no video signal causing the monitor to go into standby.
November 30, 2006 7:16:24 PM

This happens 2 seconds after i turn the screen on, doesnt matter if I reboot or if its already turned on.

It's is definitely the monitor, I'v tried it with different computers and I'v also got another similar monitor witch works fine.

I'v tried both dvi and vga, but I cant acces the menu to force anything..

Again thanks for answering ;) 
!