Laptop Freeze and blue screen right after i done the lag fixes

mangafreak

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2012
Hii.. I have a friend who just bought his laptop yesterday. But after some hours of fixing the lags and graphic setting by me through TeamView, it hangs in the process and then blue screen occurs after he restarted his laptop. He kept restarting but the blue screen will still occurs and then he can't fix it at all.

His Lenovo laptop Specs: 3rd gen I7 2.1ghz turbo boost to 3.1ghz, 12GB RAM, Nvidia GT630M, Intel Graphic HD 4000 and Realtek Sound card.

What i did: We all downloaded the TeamView and I connected to his laptop. Then I start to fix his keyboard language from UK to US because the symbols are different and I fixed it by removing the UK and then add with US keyboard. After that, I used CCleaner. I checked all the boxes and left over the 'Wipe Free Space' and some network passwords which my friend say he don't want to clean it. I clicked run and finished the cleaning. I ran the registry cleaner by pressing scan, 'fix selected issues', make backups and nothing happens. Then I help him to rate the system performance by running the windows 7 performance test. Because I kinda worried that his laptop is not better than the display set at the shop. While the test was running, I went to change his graphic setting at the Nvidia Control Panel. The panel shows that the graphic card will auto-detect and changes the graphic card to whatever which one when running a game. I have change his setting from 'Auto-Select' to 'High Performance Nvidia..'. After that we waited for some minutes to finished the performance test and went to chit-chat with my friends in our communication program. After all sudden, his laptop freezes. Then I told him to wait for the test because I think it was necessary to have freezing or lag while running the test. But he told me he don't want and then he restarted his laptop. After restarted his laptop, the blue screen occurs. He kept restarting again and again but the blue screen is still not going to back off.

This is all my fault.. I think it's normal for everyone to do the lag fixes? My friend is now blaming me and I don't know what to do.... But for me, I guess I need to beg for forgiveness from him and try to fix his laptop as soon as possible. Please help anyone.

/ Mr Zane.

jdog2pt0

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
Well first all tell your friend not to be so impatient in the future. Shutting down in the middle of anything is a great way to *** things up.

Second, always leave the CCleaner cleaning boxes at default unless you know what you're doing (and you don't), otherwise you can run into problems.

Third, have him get us the BSOD error code.

Fourth, if he can get into safe mode have him do a system restore.

Is it all possible for you to do it yourself? At least you seem to have some computer experience.

mangafreak

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2012

@Kenrivers

Well i haven't tell him to do that because his not in a good mood.. and i can't make a friendly conversation with him yet and i need time. That was my fault to rush the work a bit on a new laptop.

mangafreak

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2012

@Jjdog2pt0

First - Well your right for the point when he just shut down while the fixes was still on going.

Second- For my laptop, I ticked all the boxes at CCleaner, ran registry cleaner and it did goes well everyday.. o.o Maybe new laptop are not quite yet to tick those boxes? is it?

Third and Fourth- I... Okay.. i will try my best to tell him as soon as possible... Well his not really in a good mood.. Because i spoiled his new baby...

I have done all those things in my laptop before and sometime it's daily life for me too and it didn't shows any problems.

mangafreak

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2012

@das_stig
o_O? So you guys say that he needs to run on safe mode and then use system restore to make the lenovo system back it was?
Can you explain the steps on how to factory restore the settings? :D?

mangafreak

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2012

http://i50.tinypic.com/11rzogh.jpg

I got the blue screen picture from him! We need to know how to fix it as soooon as possible!

mangafreak

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2012

mangafreak

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2012

Can you tell us the steps? we followed the steps on other websites by pressing F11 and it's not working during the post. o.o

mangafreak

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2012

Lenovo IdeaPad Z480

PS: those's are the option after pressing the F8 button.

Repair your computer
safe mode
Safe mode with networking
safe mode with command prompt
Enable boot logging
enable low resolution vide
last known good configuration
directory services restore mode
debugging mode
disable automatic restart on system failure
disable driver signature enforcement
start windows normally

RussK1

Splendid
If all else fails re-install windows.

Windows 7 (English) with Service Pack 1 .iso
• Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) - X17-58997
HERE

**Use the COA key located on the bottom of laptop to activate**

**VERY IMPORTANT TO DO THIS FIRST. DOWNLOAD DRIVERS ONTO A USB DRIVE AND INSTALL FROM DRIVE ONCE WINDOWS IS REINSTALLED**

A) Use a different machine to download drivers
B) Enter Safe Mode W/networking via pressing F8 during post.

Lenovo IdeaPad Z480 drivers HERE.

mangafreak

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2012

Well he went to press last known good configuration and it's working!

But we doing 2 things right now which is setting a backup and create system restore point.
It is going to work? o.o

RussK1

Splendid

It should. Good luck. [:russk1]