Colors behind my icons and Icon descriptions

Hi guys! Im new to the forum (came across it on Google). Ok, I have
problem with my computer. Its not a major prblem, just an annoyance. My
brother recently got ahold of my computer and messed some things up. I
got them all fixed except one. Behind my icons, there is a coloring,
like a very dark blue (see picture below). I was wondering if there was
any way to disable it. Thanks in advance!

Picture :
'[image: http://img1.yoxio.com/thumb/179342.jpg]'
(http://img1.yoxio.com/view/179342.htm)
91kb - 'View Full Image' (http://img1.yoxio.com/view/179342.htm)

--
glbanksitter

Desktop icons and icon labels may not display background transparency or
the drop shadow effect in Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305117

glbanksitter wrote:

> Hi guys! Im new to the forum (came across it on Google). Ok, I have
> problem with my computer. Its not a major prblem, just an annoyance. My
> brother recently got ahold of my computer and messed some things up. I
> got them all fixed except one. Behind my icons, there is a coloring,
> like a very dark blue (see picture below). I was wondering if there was
> any way to disable it. Thanks in advance!
>
> Picture :
> '[image: http://img1.yoxio.com/thumb/179342.jpg]'
> (http://img1.yoxio.com/view/179342.htm)
> 91kb - 'View Full Image' (http://img1.yoxio.com/view/179342.htm)

My computer properties, Advanced tab, Visual Effects tab, scroll down
to "Use drop shadows for icon labels on desktop"

Desktop icons and icon labels may not display background transparency or the
drop shadow effect in Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305117

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User