Windows Media Player 10

Running Windows XP Home Edition SP1 and when using the error checking tool,
after double clicking my computer, then right clicking the C drive, then
clicking properties, clicking tools and under clicking the check boxes.
Rebooting the computer a message appears, the volume is locked and error
checking cannot be run. The computer then proceeds to reboot my settings.
How can the volume be unlocked? With it's various problems, Windows XP
Service Pack 2 is not allowed on my computer. Can you help me please?

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

STEREOMAN wrote:

> Running Windows XP Home Edition SP1 and when using the error checking tool,
> after double clicking my computer, then right clicking the C drive, then
> clicking properties, clicking tools and under clicking the check boxes.
> Rebooting the computer a message appears, the volume is locked and error
> checking cannot be run. The computer then proceeds to reboot my settings.
> How can the volume be unlocked? With it's various problems, Windows XP
> Service Pack 2 is not allowed on my computer. Can you help me please?

Go to start | run. Type in cmd. Hit Ok. In the command window type in
chkdsk /f then enter. It will give a message cannot lock the current
drive. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next
time the system starts? <Y/N>

Type Y, then enter.

Reboot and the disk will be checked for errors.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User