Champions: I need help.

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.super-heroes (More info?)

I want to create a superhero campaign with a little military and espinoge added
in. I already have Champions and Dark Champions. Is there a good sourcebook for
military campaigns? Thank you.

On 13 May 2004 02:59:43 GMT, blksupermn@aol.com (BLKSUPERMN) wrote:

>I want to create a superhero campaign with a little military and espinoge added
>in. I already have Champions and Dark Champions. Is there a good sourcebook for
>military campaigns? Thank you.

Try...GURPS Special Ops. Oh come on, it isn't that hard to convert.

"David Johnston" <rgormannospam@telusplanet.net> wrote in message
> On 13 May 2004 02:59:43 GMT, blksupermn@aol.com (BLKSUPERMN) wrote:
>
> >I want to create a superhero campaign with a little military and espinoge
added
> >in. I already have Champions and Dark Champions. Is there a good
sourcebook for
> >military campaigns? Thank you.
>
> Try...GURPS Special Ops. Oh come on, it isn't that hard to convert.

If you don't mind a 'typical' spec ops guy being 1000 points.

Geoff.

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.super-heroes (More info?)

On Sun, 16 May 2004 19:20:01 +1000, "Geoff Watson"
<geoffwatson@ihug.com.au> wrote:

>"David Johnston" <rgormannospam@telusplanet.net> wrote in message
>> On 13 May 2004 02:59:43 GMT, blksupermn@aol.com (BLKSUPERMN) wrote:
>>
>> >I want to create a superhero campaign with a little military and espinoge
>added
>> >in. I already have Champions and Dark Champions. Is there a good
>sourcebook for
>> >military campaigns? Thank you.
>>
>> Try...GURPS Special Ops. Oh come on, it isn't that hard to convert.
>
>If you don't mind a 'typical' spec ops guy being 1000 points.

I doubt it. Hero doesn't have all those finicky little skills, and
it's a lot cheaper to buy up your stats in Hero.

"Geoff Watson" <geoffwatson@ihug.com.au> wrote in message news:<c87c5a$j3v$1@lust.ihug.co.nz>...
> "David Johnston" <rgormannospam@telusplanet.net> wrote in message
> > On 13 May 2004 02:59:43 GMT, blksupermn@aol.com (BLKSUPERMN) wrote:
> >
> > >I want to create a superhero campaign with a little military and espinoge
> added
> > >in. I already have Champions and Dark Champions. Is there a good
> sourcebook for
> > >military campaigns? Thank you.
> >
> > Try...GURPS Special Ops. Oh come on, it isn't that hard to convert.
>
> If you don't mind a 'typical' spec ops guy being 1000 points.
>
> Geoff.

Considering that the average point cost of example characters in
Special Ops are considerably lower than 1000 points and GURPS ===>
Hero conversions tend to shrink slightly in point total, whatever
gives you that idea about the costs?

102250.1425@compuserve.com (SD Anderson) wrote in message news:<ad847902.0405161152.5706a651@posting.google.com>...

> > > Try...GURPS Special Ops. Oh come on, it isn't that hard to convert.
> >
> > If you don't mind a 'typical' spec ops guy being 1000 points.
> >
> > Geoff.
>
> Considering that the average point cost of example characters in
> Special Ops are considerably lower than 1000 points and GURPS ===>
> Hero conversions tend to shrink slightly in point total, whatever
> gives you that idea about the costs?

I think he was thinking GURPS: Black Ops. Black Ops are in the
1000pt range, Special Ops are just real world 100-200 pointers.

lockean@hotmail.com (Adam Smith) wrote in message news:<8130079e.0405201338.14b4e49@posting.google.com>...

> > > If you don't mind a 'typical' spec ops guy being 1000 points.
> > >
> > > Geoff.
> >
> > Considering that the average point cost of example characters in
> > Special Ops are considerably lower than 1000 points and GURPS ===>
> > Hero conversions tend to shrink slightly in point total, whatever
> > gives you that idea about the costs?
>

> I think he was thinking GURPS: Black Ops. Black Ops are in the
> 1000pt range, Special Ops are just real world 100-200 pointers.

In which case he was being sloppy with his facts and quick to post.
In other words utterly typical usenet. ;)