Lost my phone

bobhobson

Honorable
Aug 20, 2012
Here’s another good idea for protecting your valuables and keeping track of your luggage, laptop, iPhone and passport while traveling. Two years ago, I found a link to www.mystufflostandfound.com and obtained tracker tags for a free global lost and found service. I put them on all of my valuables.

It paid off in Rome. After we had stopped at a café for lunch, we hopped on a bus to our next destination. While I was on the bus, I received a text message from Okoban saying that my passport had been found. I did not even know it was missing.

I called the number in the text message and sure enough the café where we had stopped had the passport waiting for me. I was so grateful that I had an Okoban tag on my passport and that the café was kind enough to take the time to report the passport online as found.

I can’t imagine what would have happened if I didn’t have the Okoban tracker tag. The passport could have been mailed back to the US Department of State or to my home, and then where would I be? Traveling through Europe with no passport? I was so glad I was able to enjoy the rest of my vacation rather than spend time at the Embassy getting a new passport.

GB
Atlanta