Probelm installing Win Server 03 on PC with XP bootng from..

Having back-uped my hard disk, partitioned the drive, obtained the right
version of Windows Server (32 bit not 64) I am ready to install......

When I click on the exe file it tells me to boot the PC from the CD.
But when I try to boot the machine from the disk I get as far as the window
asking me to press return to continue installing windows when the machine
freezes (or at least it does not respond when I press the return key).

The alternative suggestion I get is to try setup CD1 etc But when I try this
in the command window it refers me to the Control Panel where I get the
message again about booting from the CD.

Help
1 answer Last reply
More about probelm installing server bootng from

    When you boot from the CD you will see a message "press any key to boot from
    CD" did you press a key?

    "Mike, Liverpool" <MikeLiverpool@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Having back-uped my hard disk, partitioned the drive, obtained the right
    > version of Windows Server (32 bit not 64) I am ready to install......
    >
    > When I click on the exe file it tells me to boot the PC from the CD.
    > But when I try to boot the machine from the disk I get as far as the
    > window
    > asking me to press return to continue installing windows when the machine
    > freezes (or at least it does not respond when I press the return key).
    >
    > The alternative suggestion I get is to try setup CD1 etc But when I try
    > this
    > in the command window it refers me to the Control Panel where I get the
    > message again about booting from the CD.
    >
    > Help

Windows XP