Syncing Palm on PC *and* Mac?

a b D Laptop
September 6, 2004 3:57:26 PM

I am an avid Windows PC user. I love my Dell laptop :-) I also have
a Mac laptop which I am using to learn Unix and to do Java
development. The Mac laptop is 12" and is very portable...

So, my question is: Can I sync my Zire 72 to both my PC laptop and my
Mac laptop, using Palm Desktop software on both computers?

Obviously programs with desktop counterparts won't work, like Bonsai,
Daynotez (documents to go?), but I am wondering about the basic apps
-- calendar, todo, contacts, and notes.

Thanks,
Kevin Fosler

More about : syncing palm mac

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 6, 2004 9:12:43 PM

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 11:57:26 -0500, Kevin Fosler had this to say...

> I am an avid Windows PC user. I love my Dell laptop :-) I also have
> a Mac laptop which I am using to learn Unix and to do Java
> development. The Mac laptop is 12" and is very portable...
>
> So, my question is: Can I sync my Zire 72 to both my PC laptop and my
> Mac laptop, using Palm Desktop software on both computers?
>
> Obviously programs with desktop counterparts won't work, like Bonsai,
> Daynotez (documents to go?), but I am wondering about the basic apps
> -- calendar, todo, contacts, and notes.
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin Fosler

Yes, you can sync on as many PC's and Mac's as you want.

--
Hope this helps.
Jim Anderson

In article <gi5pj0lb48jdlap91qilmvpern3o40v59p@4ax.com>, Kevin Fosler
<KevinKFosler@aol.com> wrote:

> I am an avid Windows PC user. I love my Dell laptop :-) I also have
> a Mac laptop which I am using to learn Unix and to do Java
> development. The Mac laptop is 12" and is very portable...
>
> So, my question is: Can I sync my Zire 72 to both my PC laptop and my
> Mac laptop, using Palm Desktop software on both computers?

Yes, but not without some minor headaches. Occasionally, the syncs will go
without a hitch. Then there'll be times when you'll get duplicated
contacts, to-dos, memos. The HotSync log will call them out to you but
you'll have to go in and delete the duplicates.

I Hotsync to a Windows 2000 PC and an OS 9 Mac regularly.
a b D Laptop
September 7, 2004 5:09:55 AM

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 20:42:01 GMT, guy@ether.net (Guy Bannis) was
understood to have stated the following:

>The HotSync log will call them out to you but
>you'll have to go in and delete the duplicates.

Fortunately, at least on the PC size, the Palm desktop has the
"duplicate checking" feature.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 7, 2004 5:47:22 AM

Kevin,

It works fine for me with a T3 but I did read somewhere that enabling iSync
conduits for the Palm on the Mac may cause problems at the PC end.

I've not done that, and it works.

Dave

In article <gi5pj0lb48jdlap91qilmvpern3o40v59p@4ax.com>,
Kevin Fosler <KevinKFosler@aol.com> wrote:

> I am an avid Windows PC user. I love my Dell laptop :-) I also have
> a Mac laptop which I am using to learn Unix and to do Java
> development. The Mac laptop is 12" and is very portable...
>
> So, my question is: Can I sync my Zire 72 to both my PC laptop and my
> Mac laptop, using Palm Desktop software on both computers?
>
> Obviously programs with desktop counterparts won't work, like Bonsai,
> Daynotez (documents to go?), but I am wondering about the basic apps
> -- calendar, todo, contacts, and notes.

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 8, 2004 1:45:48 AM

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 02:47:22 +0100, Dave L. wrote
(in article
<davidlaine_spamnot_-
CAFE8C.21482406092004@nntp.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com>):

> It works fine for me with a T3 but I did read somewhere that enabling iSync
> conduits for the Palm on the Mac may cause problems at the PC end.

works fine here
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 8, 2004 2:16:47 AM

Kevin Fosler <KevinKFosler@aol.com> wrote:

> Obviously programs with desktop counterparts won't work, like Bonsai,
> Daynotez (documents to go?), but I am wondering about the basic apps
> -- calendar, todo, contacts, and notes.

Of course they will - as long as there is a desktop equivalent on the PC
it'll sync to that, same as on the Mac

//Andrew
!