Loopback support (again)

Hi,

Is there any news regarding loopback support on the MN700? This is quite
important for developers and web site developers

Is there any way to "pressure" or, better, formally ask MS to:

1. include this feature before they completely shutdown the development (if
they haven't done it yet)?
2. open source the router code so it could be maintained by the community?
This would probably show a little bit of respect for to the souls that
believed in MS wireless initiative. Btw, don't get me wrong... I do like
the router but it is hard to know that support will be really poor from now
on.

TIA.

Should be out around the Windows XP SP2 RTM timeframe.

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"MP" <nospam@me.org> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Is there any news regarding loopback support on the MN700? This is quite
> important for developers and web site developers
>
> Is there any way to "pressure" or, better, formally ask MS to:
>
> 1. include this feature before they completely shutdown the development
(if
> they haven't done it yet)?
> 2. open source the router code so it could be maintained by the
community?
> This would probably show a little bit of respect for to the souls that
> believed in MS wireless initiative. Btw, don't get me wrong... I do like
> the router but it is hard to know that support will be really poor from
now
> on.
>
> TIA.

Thx for the quick reply Jason!

Jason Tsang wrote:

> Should be out around the Windows XP SP2 RTM timeframe.

Hopefully it will out a bit before then. Isn't MS still aiming for a
July RTM on SP2? I am a little hesitant about the MS router line now
that they have pulled the plug on development. I hope it will be
maintained and updated over the course of the next couple of years. I'd
hate to see Longhorn finally ship without drivers for the wireless cards.

Brian