Henry VIII

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
Hello,
I am a computer user, not a techie. Subject Emails. Can somebody answer what seems to me to be a simple question but to all you experts is probably a stupid question. Humour me please! Tried a search but it came up with 5853 answers the first few of which appeared totally irrelevant.
Just bought new computer with Windows 7 (64 bit) and Livemail. I've been used to Outlook Express. It seems to me that using Livemail all my messages "disappear" once I have read them, and are not stored on my hard disc. Where are they and what can I do to access them?
Or do I need to use another Email program?
Cheers
Henry VIII

Well, with livemail, the messages are stored on Microsoft's servers, which depending on your settings within livemail, they may be deleted upon reading. With outlook, your messages are also stored on a server, but also on your computer in a master data file. Try checking your livemail preferences to see where your messages are going (my guess is within a "read" folder).

Henry VIII

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010

Thanks for that and apologies for the delay: been away for 10 days.
I can't find any options or preferences that define this. The version I have is 2009 No 14.0.