Sign in with
Your question

Last response: in Windows 7
March 15, 2010 8:32:27 AM

Hello,
I am a computer user, not a techie. Subject Emails. Can somebody answer what seems to me to be a simple question but to all you experts is probably a stupid question. Humour me please! Tried a search but it came up with 5853 answers the first few of which appeared totally irrelevant.
Just bought new computer with Windows 7 (64 bit) and Livemail. I've been used to Outlook Express. It seems to me that using Livemail all my messages "disappear" once I have read them, and are not stored on my hard disc. Where are they and what can I do to access them?
Or do I need to use another Email program?
Cheers
Henry VIII

More about : question

a b $ Windows 7
March 15, 2010 1:57:45 PM

Well, with livemail, the messages are stored on Microsoft's servers, which depending on your settings within livemail, they may be deleted upon reading. With outlook, your messages are also stored on a server, but also on your computer in a master data file. Try checking your livemail preferences to see where your messages are going (my guess is within a "read" folder).
m
l
March 31, 2010 12:35:41 PM

buwish said:
Well, with livemail, the messages are stored on Microsoft's servers, which depending on your settings within livemail, they may be deleted upon reading. With outlook, your messages are also stored on a server, but also on your computer in a master data file. Try checking your livemail preferences to see where your messages are going (my guess is within a "read" folder).

Thanks for that and apologies for the delay: been away for 10 days.
I can't find any options or preferences that define this. The version I have is 2009 No 14.0.
m
l
!