windows picture and fax viewer

For some reason I rently changed the opening program in Windows Explorer for
..jpg files. I tried to change it back by using restore defaults but it isnt
the same as it was. Can someone tell me where the .exe file for Windows
Picture and Fax viewer is located?
thanks tcoop
3 answers Last reply
More about windows picture viewer

    Right-click on a picture file, select "Properties",
    under the "General" tab select "Open with",
    select "Change", select "Windows Picture
    and Fax Viewer", place a check next to
    "Always use the selected program to open
    this kind of file", then click Apply.

    HOW TO: Customize the Windows Explorer Views in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q307856

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "tcoop" wrote:

    | For some reason I rently changed the opening program in Windows Explorer for
    | .jpg files. I tried to change it back by using restore defaults but it isnt
    | the same as it was. Can someone tell me where the .exe file for Windows
    | Picture and Fax viewer is located?
    | thanks tcoop

    Thanks, that worked great....tcoop

    > Right-click on a picture file, select "Properties",
    > under the "General" tab select "Open with",
    > select "Change", select "Windows Picture
    > and Fax Viewer", place a check next to
    > "Always use the selected program to open
    > this kind of file", then click Apply.
    >
    > HOW TO: Customize the Windows Explorer Views in Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q307856
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "tcoop" wrote:
    >
    > | For some reason I rently changed the opening program in Windows Explorer
    > for
    > | .jpg files. I tried to change it back by using restore defaults but it
    > isnt
    > | the same as it was. Can someone tell me where the .exe file for Windows
    > | Picture and Fax viewer is located?
    > | thanks tcoop

    How to change file associations in Windows XP:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307859

    --
    Ramesh, MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    Windows XP Troubleshooting
    http://www.winhelponline.com
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "tcoop" <c_tom@nospam.net> wrote in message
    > For some reason I rently changed the opening program in Windows Explorer
    > for .jpg files. I tried to change it back by using restore defaults but it
    > isnt the same as it was. Can someone tell me where the .exe file for
    > Windows Picture and Fax viewer is located?
    > thanks tcoop

Windows Explorer Fax Microsoft Windows XP