Windows - No Disk There is no disk in the drive

pat

Expert

Hi;

I am using Windows XP w/sp2 installed. I also use firefox as my browser.
Everytime I try to download a file, I get a message box that pops up and says
"Windows - No Disk" and the text reads "There is no disk in the drive. Please
insert a disk" It has 3 pushbuttons, Cancel, Try Again and continue. The file
that I am trying to download I am saving to my desktop. The file will
continue to download even though this box keeps popping up. Sometimes I have
to click continue 5 times during one 200k download. Any idea how I can fix
this error? I tried googling it and found stuff but nothing seems to work.
There is no path statement in my autoexec.nt file and I dont have a
autoexec.bat file.

Thanks for any help
Pat

Use Internet Explorer rather than FireFox to correct your issue.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:

> Use Internet Explorer rather than FireFox to correct your issue.

And do what? Add far more serious issues to the equation? Obviously the OP
needs to configure FireFox to save its downloaded files to someplace other
than a removable hard drive.

--
Get Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP here:
"A must-have for your Toy Operating System"

Pat,

In Firefox, look in Tools|Options|Downloads, look what's in the Download
Folder group, just check it's pointing somewhere reasonable. Take no notice
of sCarey Freak's 2cents (it's not even worth that). Use Internet Explorer
to expose yourself to all the web nasties even more.

-Winux P

"Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi;
>
> I am using Windows XP w/sp2 installed. I also use firefox as my browser.
> Everytime I try to download a file, I get a message box that pops up and
> says
> "Windows - No Disk" and the text reads "There is no disk in the drive.
> Please
> insert a disk" It has 3 pushbuttons, Cancel, Try Again and continue. The
> file
> that I am trying to download I am saving to my desktop. The file will
> continue to download even though this box keeps popping up. Sometimes I
> have
> to click continue 5 times during one 200k download. Any idea how I can fix
> this error? I tried googling it and found stuff but nothing seems to work.
> There is no path statement in my autoexec.nt file and I dont have a
> autoexec.bat file.
>
> Thanks for any help
> Pat

Daniel

Funny how these Linsux users ignore the fact that
Firefox has had vulnerabilities exposed and
then revert to personal insults on perfectly
valid advice given that this is a MS NG

Daniel