Copying cd program to hard drive- Please help!

July 1, 2005 11:46:01 PM

Hello. Trying to copy cd program to hard drive because cd runs too slow and
too loud. I thought I could just explore cd and copy all files and paste,
that put cd on hard drive but when I click autorun or setup, it asks for the
cd. What am I doing wrong? Can this be done?
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 2:56:20 AM

Some programs allow it, others don't!

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

"langroudi" <langroudi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello. Trying to copy cd program to hard drive because cd runs too slow
> and
> too loud. I thought I could just explore cd and copy all files and paste,
> that put cd on hard drive but when I click autorun or setup, it asks for
> the
> cd. What am I doing wrong? Can this be done?
July 2, 2005 2:52:53 PM

Hi

I suggest to covert the CD into image, like iso. Then use the Daemon tools
(a software which is free of charge) to mount the image file.

BT

"langroudi" <langroudi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello. Trying to copy cd program to hard drive because cd runs too slow
> and
> too loud. I thought I could just explore cd and copy all files and paste,
> that put cd on hard drive but when I click autorun or setup, it asks for
> the
> cd. What am I doing wrong? Can this be done?
July 2, 2005 2:52:54 PM

I think I found the iso program, I'm still confused on the procedures on how
to do this. Copy with iso, open with Daemon. I found some software that
does this pretty easily but it is $70, I hope I'll figure something out
without having to pay that. Thanks anyway.

"Barry" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I suggest to covert the CD into image, like iso. Then use the Daemon tools
> (a software which is free of charge) to mount the image file.
>
> BT
>
> "langroudi" <langroudi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello. Trying to copy cd program to hard drive because cd runs too slow
> > and
> > too loud. I thought I could just explore cd and copy all files and paste,
> > that put cd on hard drive but when I click autorun or setup, it asks for
> > the
> > cd. What am I doing wrong? Can this be done?

Anonymous
July 2, 2005 5:59:35 PM

langroudi wrote:

> I think I found the iso program, I'm still confused on the procedures on
> how
> to do this.

Where did you find the iso? Under your bed? Yes, you certainly look to be
confused.

> Copy with iso, open with Daemon. I found some software that

He didn't tell you to copy "with iso". He told you to "convert the CD into
image, like iso". Re-read the instructions he gave you and try to make
sense of the English language. I'm sure you'll figure it out.

> does this pretty easily but it is $70, I hope I'll figure something out
> without having to pay that. Thanks anyway.

He already told you how to do it for free. Why are you looking at a $70
program?

> "Barry" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I suggest to covert the CD into image, like iso. Then use the Daemon
>> tools (a software which is free of charge) to mount the image file.
>>
>> BT
>>
>> "langroudi" <langroudi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello. Trying to copy cd program to hard drive because cd runs too
>> > slow and
>> > too loud. I thought I could just explore cd and copy all files and
>> > paste, that put cd on hard drive but when I click autorun or setup, it
>> > asks for the
>> > cd. What am I doing wrong? Can this be done?

--
Get Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/...