Copying cd program to hard drive- Please help!

Hello. Trying to copy cd program to hard drive because cd runs too slow and
too loud. I thought I could just explore cd and copy all files and paste,
that put cd on hard drive but when I click autorun or setup, it asks for the
cd. What am I doing wrong? Can this be done?
4 answers Last reply
More about copying program hard drive help

    Some programs allow it, others don't!

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    "langroudi" <langroudi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello. Trying to copy cd program to hard drive because cd runs too slow
    > and
    > too loud. I thought I could just explore cd and copy all files and paste,
    > that put cd on hard drive but when I click autorun or setup, it asks for
    > the
    > cd. What am I doing wrong? Can this be done?

    Hi

    I suggest to covert the CD into image, like iso. Then use the Daemon tools
    (a software which is free of charge) to mount the image file.

    BT

    "langroudi" <langroudi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello. Trying to copy cd program to hard drive because cd runs too slow
    > and
    > too loud. I thought I could just explore cd and copy all files and paste,
    > that put cd on hard drive but when I click autorun or setup, it asks for
    > the
    > cd. What am I doing wrong? Can this be done?

    I think I found the iso program, I'm still confused on the procedures on how
    to do this. Copy with iso, open with Daemon. I found some software that
    does this pretty easily but it is $70, I hope I'll figure something out
    without having to pay that. Thanks anyway.

    langroudi wrote:

    > I think I found the iso program, I'm still confused on the procedures on
    > how
    > to do this.

    Where did you find the iso? Under your bed? Yes, you certainly look to be
    confused.

    > Copy with iso, open with Daemon. I found some software that

    He didn't tell you to copy "with iso". He told you to "convert the CD into
    image, like iso". Re-read the instructions he gave you and try to make
    sense of the English language. I'm sure you'll figure it out.

    > does this pretty easily but it is $70, I hope I'll figure something out
    > without having to pay that. Thanks anyway.

    He already told you how to do it for free. Why are you looking at a $70
    program?

    > "Barry" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I suggest to covert the CD into image, like iso. Then use the Daemon
    >> tools (a software which is free of charge) to mount the image file.
    >>
    >> BT
    >>
    >> "langroudi" <langroudi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hello. Trying to copy cd program to hard drive because cd runs too
    >> > slow and
    >> > too loud. I thought I could just explore cd and copy all files and
    >> > paste, that put cd on hard drive but when I click autorun or setup, it
    >> > asks for the
    >> > cd. What am I doing wrong? Can this be done?

    --
    Get Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP here:
    "A must-have for your Toy Operating System"

Microsoft Hard Drives CD-Rom Windows XP