Megatron Generation 2 for Champions RPG!

Tags:
  • RPG
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
June 15, 2004 12:46:04 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.super-heroes,alt.toys.transformers (More info?)

I now a lot of people don't like this guy, but I wanted to convert some version
of Megatron for my RPG page, and this one seemed fun. I threw in some of the
powers of the TV show version of Megatron, but mostly it's based on the Marvel
comic book.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mathewignash/csmegatron.h...

I'll try to add a history from the Dreamwave comics soon.

--

Megatron (Generation 2) for Champions (400+105)

"Peace through tyranny!" - Megatron

Real name: Megatron
Other known aliases: The Slag-Maker, Megabum
Occupation: Commander, former gladiator.
Current group affiliation: Decepticons
Rank: 10
Past group affiliations: Former ally of Cobra.
Major enemies: Autobots, particularly Optimus Prime.
First appearance: G.I. Joe #139 (rebuilt by Cobra in Generation 2 form,
Marvel comics).
Origin:
into an Earth-style tank. Before being rebuilt by Cobra he turned into a
P-38 pistol and before being rebuilt by the Ark he turned into a heavy
Cybertonian tank.

Characteristics

55 STR 10
18 DEX 24
24 CON 28
17 BODY 0
20 INT 10
18 EGO 16
27 PRE 17
10 COM 0
13 PD 9
14 ED 9
4 SPD 12
10 REC 2
48 END 0
39 STUN 0
Characteristics Cost: 137

Powers and Skills

10 EC (10),"Transformer powers"
17a) 9/9 Armor
40b) 7 LVLS Growth (stats already included),Always On(-1/2),0 END
Persistent(+1) 0
20c) 17" Running,1/2 END(+1/4) 1
7d) Shape Shift,"Tank",Concentrate(-1/4),Cannot change form if
he takes over half BODY.(-1/4),0 END Persistent(+1) 0
18 +6 Enhanced PER,with all senses
5 IR Vision
19 Life Support,doesn't breathe,safe in vacuum/pressure,safe in
heat/cold,immune to aging
39 MP (49),"Movement",Only in appropriate form.(-1/4)
4u 17" Flight,x4 Non-Combat,1/2 END(+1/4) 1
1u +0" Running,x4 Non-Combat,has turn mode 0
83 MP (125),"Weapons",OIF(-1/2)
3u 2D6+1 HKA,"Ball and Chain",vs physical defense,Only in robot
mode.(-1/4),0 END(+1/2) 0
4u 20D6 Mind Control,"Memory Rewriter",telepathic contact,No
Range(-1/2),Only in robot mode.(-1/4),Only vs. computers and
AIs.(-1/2) 12
2u 2D6+1 RKA (Light),"Laser Gun",No Knockback(-1/4),33-64
Charges(+1/2),Only in robot mode.(-1/4),OAF(-1/2) 0
8u 3 1/2D6 RKA,"Rail Gun",vs physical defense,x25 Increased Max
Range(+1/2),65-125 Charges(+3/4) 0
3u 20D6 Telepathy,"Computer reading. ",Only to read.(-1/2),No
Range(-1/2),Only vs. computers and AIs.(-1/2),Only in robot
mode.(-1/4) 10
3 Radio XMIT/REC,OIF(-1/2)
14 55 STR,1/2 END(+1/4) 0
3 Ultra Hearing
5 UV Vision
3 Combat Driving 13-
13 Computer Programming 18-
3 Inventor 13-
18 6 Levels: With Weapons Multipower,tight group
3 Mechanics 11-
3 Navigation 11-
9 3 Rng Levels,all ranged attacks
3 Tactics 13-
2 WF,Swords,Rifles
3 Weaponsmith 11-
Powers Cost: 368

Disadvantages

Base Points: 400
15 Accidental Chg,"to robot form if stunned.",common,occur 11-
10 Distinctive,"Giant Robot",easily concealable,major
15 Hunted,"By anti-Decepticon forces.",as powerful,harsh,appear
11-
5 Physical Lim,"No hands in vehicle mode.",infrequently,
slightly
15 Psych Lim,"Power Hungry",common,strong
15 Psych Lim,"Excessively Violent",common,strong
10 Rep,"Evil alien robot.",occur 8-,extreme reputation
10 Rivalry,"with other Decepticons who want to lead. ",
professional,PC rival
10 Watched,"By Decepticon forces.",more powerful,non-combat
influence,mild,appear 11-
Disadvantages Total: 105

Experience Spent: 0
Total Points: 505

Explanation of the conversion: I based Megatron on how he appeared in the
Transformers: Generation 2 comic book. I gave him powers from the comic
book and television series. Megatron can only fly in robot form, but
travels quickly on land in tank form.

History (Marvel comics): Love, compassion, mercy are words that have no
meaning for Megatron. He has risen to the leadership of the Decepticons by
a combination of brute strength, military cunning, ruthlessness, and
terror. Before the great war broke out on Cybertron 9 million years ago,
Megatron participated in the Infraformers Sharpshooting Competition, along
side Optimus Prime. The competitators were both beaten by a young
prototype named Sureshot.

Megatron was made commanding general in charge of all military operations
against the Autobots, who referred to him as "The Slag-Maker." It was a
title of fear. A title of respect. A title Megatron relished.

Four million years ago when Optimus Prime lead a ship to protect Cybertron
from a meteor shower, Megatron and his troops, including Ravage, Skywarp,
Soundwave, Starscream and Thundercracker, attacked. The ship crashed into
the planet Earth where it lay dormant for millions of years. Once
reactivated it ship rebuilt all on board with the ability to take on the
forms of Earth machines. Megatron was able to take on the form of Walther
P-38 pistol (Transformers #1).

His banishment to Earth has only made him more bitter and more evil-minded,
if that is possible. He aches to return to Cybertron and complete his
mission of eradicating the Autobots, but while on Earth he is dedicated to
eliminating those Autobots marooned here with him - and his plans go far
beyond that. He realizes the Earth is one huge stockpile of metal and fuel
resources and means to possess it all, with the aid of his fellow
Decepticons, but his plans go even further, plans so grandiose even his
fellow Decepticons are unaware: Megatron intends to enslave the entire
human race. He allows no exceptions to his motto.

After Megatron was severely damaged, he made a deal with the human
terrorist group called Cobra to be completely rebuilt. He can now assume
the form of a tank and carries a lethal rail gun weapon (G.I. Joe #139).

Megatron has no known weaknesses, except possibly a lack of speed.

Trivia: The original Megatron toy turned into a gun, then he came out as an
Action Master, then in this form for Generation 2.

Trivia: On the Transformers television show, the voice of Megatron is
played by actor Frank Welker.

Powers: Megatron is incredibly powerful and intelligent, the equal of
Autobot leader Optimus Prime. He has very keen senses and can see in the
infrared and ultraviolet range, as well as having telescopic vision.
Megatron is equipped with special circuitry which allows him to reprogram
other computers, including fellow Transformers. He can read and alter
their memories. He has an energon mace built into his right hand. After
being rebuilt by Cobra, Megatron gained the ability to transform into a
powerful tank with a rail gun cannon. A round from this cannon can
penetrate nearly anything and is so powerful it can fire at targets in
orbit. He also carries a laser rifle.

Megatron once possessed a fusion cannon which could draw on the nearly
limitless power of a black hole, but use of the weapon at full power would
drain him. Megatron's current main weapon requires much less energy, and
is nearly as deadly,

--
Mathew
Homepage - http://mathew.fcpages.com/

More about : megatron generation champions rpg

June 15, 2004 2:44:38 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.super-heroes,alt.toys.transformers (More info?)

"I now a lot of people don't like this guy"

Really? G2 Megs is the best, IMHO. I always thought Megatron needed to be
a tank anyway.

"Mathew R. Ignash" <mathewignash@comcast.net> wrote in message

> [...]
> Autobot leader Optimus Prime. He has very keen senses and can see in the
> infrared and ultraviolet range, as well as having telescopic vision.
> Megatron is equipped with special circuitry which allows him to reprogram
> other computers, including fellow Transformers. He can read and alter
> their memories. He has an energon mace built into his right hand. After
> being rebuilt by Cobra, Megatron gained the ability to transform into a
> powerful tank with a rail gun cannon. A round from this cannon can
> penetrate nearly anything and is so powerful it can fire at targets in
> orbit. He also carries a laser rifle.
>
> Megatron once possessed a fusion cannon which could draw on the nearly
> limitless power of a black hole, but use of the weapon at full power would
> drain him. Megatron's current main weapon requires much less energy, and

Anonymous
June 15, 2004 8:37:23 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.super-heroes,alt.toys.transformers (More info?)

"Mathew R. Ignash" <mathewignash@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<9662526192871481.NC-1.59.mathewignash@news.mi.comcast.giganews.com>...
> I now a lot of people don't like this guy, but I wanted to convert some version
> of Megatron for my RPG page, and this one seemed fun. I threw in some of the
> powers of the TV show version of Megatron, but mostly it's based on the Marvel
> comic book.

Forget the TV show powers (flight etc.) and give him his *really*
impressive sub-atomic particle energising abilities from the comic
(what he used to kill Brawn, also the destructive energy shown
crackling around his fists in close combat).
June 16, 2004 1:29:12 PM

"Starscream" <imcoolaid@REMOVEhotmail.com> wrote in message

> "I now a lot of people don't like this guy"
>
> Really? G2 Megs is the best, IMHO. I always thought Megatron needed to
be
> a tank anyway.

I didn't like him until I read the GI Joe issues that lead into G2
and the G2 Titan books. Then I had to get the toy of him
ASAP.

--
All Purpose Cultural Randomness
http://www.angelfire.com/tx/apcr/index.html

nahemoth@hotmail.com (Kokampf) wrote in message news:<e5d8305d.0406151537.78d8f14d@posting.google.com>...
> "Mathew R. Ignash" <mathewignash@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<9662526192871481.NC-1.59.mathewignash@news.mi.comcast.giganews.com>...
> > I now a lot of people don't like this guy, but I wanted to convert some version
> > of Megatron for my RPG page, and this one seemed fun. I threw in some of the
> > powers of the TV show version of Megatron, but mostly it's based on the Marvel
> > comic book.
>
> Forget the TV show powers (flight etc.) and give him his *really*
> impressive sub-atomic particle energising abilities from the comic
> (what he used to kill Brawn, also the destructive energy shown
> crackling around his fists in close combat).

I only JUST got ahold of the GI Joe issues where Megatron killed Brawn
and Steeljaw and others, and I loved it. I'll be adding these things,
as well as his ability to project small holograms, and his burning
hands power. He did fly in the G2 comic book though, so I'll keep that
in.

Mathew
Anonymous
June 18, 2004 9:01:10 AM

mathewignash@comcast.net (Mathew) wrote in message news:<71f6364f.0406171434.2e50b04a@posting.google.com>...
> nahemoth@hotmail.com (Kokampf) wrote in message news:<e5d8305d.0406151537.78d8f14d@posting.google.com>...

> > Forget the TV show powers (flight etc.) and give him his *really*
> > impressive sub-atomic particle energising abilities from the comic
> > (what he used to kill Brawn, also the destructive energy shown
> > crackling around his fists in close combat).
>
> I only JUST got ahold of the GI Joe issues where Megatron killed Brawn
> and Steeljaw and others, and I loved it. I'll be adding these things,
> as well as his ability to project small holograms, and his burning
> hands power.

My take on the 'burning hands' is that the energy is a localised field
of the same particle energising / atomic disruption effect used to
create the big explosions, and that these abilities are G2 Megatron's
new and safer alternative to the old subspace - Black Hole connection
thing he used to do very occasionally in his old body. Creating a
major explosion like the one that killed Brawn should require quite a
lot of energy, the 'burning hands' a great deal less.

> He did fly in the G2 comic book though, so I'll keep that
> in.

Did he - which issue(s)? I'll have to dig those comics out again. I
remember him needing Starscream to haul him around.

As for the rail gun, I would rate it as having greatly superior armour
penetration and better accuracy and range to the fusion cannon, but
inflicting less damage. It uses a solid projectile and thus needs a
magazine with a finite ammo supply (unlike the fusion cannon), but
uses relatively little energy.
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 3:20:53 AM

On 18 Jun 2004 05:01:10 -0700, nahemoth@hotmail.com (Kokampf) wrote:

> mathewignash@comcast.net (Mathew) wrote in message
> > nahemoth@hotmail.com (Kokampf) wrote in message
>
> > > Forget the TV show powers (flight etc.) and give him his *really*
> > > impressive sub-atomic particle energising abilities from the comic
> > > (what he used to kill Brawn, also the destructive energy shown
> > > crackling around his fists in close combat).
> >
> > I only JUST got ahold of the GI Joe issues where Megatron killed Brawn
> > and Steeljaw and others, and I loved it. I'll be adding these things,
> > as well as his ability to project small holograms, and his burning
> > hands power.
>
> My take on the 'burning hands' is that the energy is a localised field
> of the same particle energising / atomic disruption effect used to
> create the big explosions, and that these abilities are G2 Megatron's
> new and safer alternative to the old subspace - Black Hole connection
> thing he used to do very occasionally in his old body. Creating a
> major explosion like the one that killed Brawn should require quite a
> lot of energy, the 'burning hands' a great deal less.

Yes, I am adding that now.

> > He did fly in the G2 comic book though, so I'll keep that
> > in.
>
> Did he - which issue(s)? I'll have to dig those comics out again. I
> remember him needing Starscream to haul him around.

In the one where he and prime fled from the Cybertonian attack, Prime
transformed and rolled out, but he just flew with feet thrusters.

Also, when he first fought Jhaxis (sp?), Megatron flew into space to face him.

> As for the rail gun, I would rate it as having greatly superior armour
> penetration and better accuracy and range to the fusion cannon, but
> inflicting less damage. It uses a solid projectile and thus needs a
> magazine with a finite ammo supply (unlike the fusion cannon), but
> uses relatively little energy.

I made it just as damaging, but like you said, less costly in his energy
reserves - and done with charges.

--
Mathew
Homepage - http://mathew.fcpages.com/
Angel web site - http://angel.fcpages.com/
Anonymous
June 24, 2004 4:03:58 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.super-heroes (More info?)

"Mathew R. Ignash" <mathewignash@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<96651400224941482.NC-1.59.mathewignash@news.mi.comcast.giganews.com>...
> On 18 Jun 2004 05:01:10 -0700, nahemoth@hotmail.com (Kokampf) wrote:
<snip>

I tried looking at some of your other conversions on your page,
notably the Great Horned Dragon, and kept getting a lot of "not found"
errors. Might wanna check on that.

Aside from that, I wished I was running a Champions game. I'd probably
wind up utilizing your Megatron conversion just to see the look on my
players' faces. :^)

--
Regards,
J.D. Spangler

On 24 Jun 2004 12:03:58 -0700, ayrsayle@hotmail.com (J.D. Spangler) wrote:

> "Mathew R. Ignash" <mathewignash@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > On 18 Jun 2004 05:01:10 -0700, nahemoth@hotmail.com (Kokampf) wrote:
> <snip>
>
> I tried looking at some of your other conversions on your page,
> notably the Great Horned Dragon, and kept getting a lot of "not found"
> errors. Might wanna check on that.
>
> Aside from that, I wished I was running a Champions game. I'd probably
> wind up utilizing your Megatron conversion just to see the look on my
> players' faces. :^)

try this address for the main page:

http://www.angelfire.com/scifi2/mathew/champions.html

The one on comcast is an incomplete mirror of the page on Angelfire, but
angelfire has annoying ads and popups.

--
!