How to stop username screen from coming up?

My system used to reboot back to the desktop. Now it's asking to click on a
user even though I'm the only user. How do I restore it to the way it was? I
was sent to a Microsoft article, but when I tried what they said it rebooted
and I lost my desktop! It seemed to default to the administrator's
configuration. What did I do wrong? Could you repost that link with
supplemental instruction please?

--
Warmest regards,

Steve Horrillo, Realtor / Trainer / C.Ht.
http://BrokerAgentTraining.com (Advanced Training for Real Estate
Professionals)
http://over100percent.com (See How tRealtors Earn Over 100 Percent at EXIT
Realty)
http:/HipFSBO.com (Object to Paying Commission? Find a FSBO Friendly Real
Estate Professional)
http://eLOWn.com ("Got a heartbeat?" Get a loan! Credit Repair Library)

Goto Start, Run and type "control userpasswords2"
Then under the users tab, uncheck Users must enter a username/pass to use
this computer"
Then press ok and Enter your username/password

Or

Alternatively, you can use TweakUI for Windows XP to do this.
See the Logon/Auto-Logon Section

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"Steve Horrillo" <usenet@stephenhorrillo.com> wrote in message
> My system used to reboot back to the desktop. Now it's asking to click on
> user even though I'm the only user. How do I restore it to the way it was?
> was sent to a Microsoft article, but when I tried what they said it
> rebooted
> and I lost my desktop! It seemed to default to the administrator's
> configuration. What did I do wrong? Could you repost that link with
> supplemental instruction please?
>
> --
> Warmest regards,
>
> Steve Horrillo, Realtor / Trainer / C.Ht.
> http://BrokerAgentTraining.com (Advanced Training for Real Estate
> Professionals)
> http://over100percent.com (See How tRealtors Earn Over 100 Percent at EXIT
> Realty)
> http:/HipFSBO.com (Object to Paying Commission? Find a FSBO Friendly Real
> Estate Professional)
> http://eLOWn.com ("Got a heartbeat?" Get a loan! Credit Repair Library)

.. Go to the Start Menu and the Run box.
.. Type in the following:
control userpasswords2
.. now click OK
.. In the new Windows that appears select the account you wish to make the primary
logon.
.. Now uncheck the "Users must enter a username and password..." box.
.. Hit Apply and a dialog box will appear asking you to confirm the selected users
password.

Click OK.
The changes will work the next time you restart your computer.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315231
How to Enable Automatic Logon in Windows

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/autologon.htm
Configure Windows XP to Automatically Login

Add Control UserPasswords2 to the Control Panel (Line 1)

"Steve Horrillo" <usenet@stephenhorrillo.com> wrote in message
> My system used to reboot back to the desktop. Now it's asking to click on a
> user even though I'm the only user. How do I restore it to the way it was? I
> was sent to a Microsoft article, but when I tried what they said it rebooted
> and I lost my desktop! It seemed to default to the administrator's
> configuration. What did I do wrong? Could you repost that link with
> supplemental instruction please?
>
> --
> Warmest regards,
>
> Steve Horrillo, Realtor / Trainer / C.Ht.
> http://BrokerAgentTraining.com (Advanced Training for Real Estate
> Professionals)
> http://over100percent.com (See How tRealtors Earn Over 100 Percent at EXIT
> Realty)
> http:/HipFSBO.com (Object to Paying Commission? Find a FSBO Friendly Real
> Estate Professional)
> http://eLOWn.com ("Got a heartbeat?" Get a loan! Credit Repair Library)

frodo

Jason Tsang <jason-onlineDEL@etemvps.org> wrote:
> Alternatively, you can use TweakUI for Windows XP to do this.
> See the Logon/Auto-Logon Section

Better still, just look in the LOGON section, and UNcheck "Show ASPNET on
the Welcome Screen", leaving just your one account checked. That's most
likely what is causing your issue, it happened when you installed the .Net
Framework.