[Hero 5th] Susceptibility Range?

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.super-heroes (More info?)

All,

I was reading on page 221 of FRED under Susceptibility and I notice it
doesn't mention the range at which the Susceptibility kicks in. It
just states "... when exposed to the object or effect to which he is
Susceptible."

Are there any commonly used factors for range? In other words,
touching the Kryptonite and being within 15 feet of it could be viewed
as "exposed". Is 20 feet far enough? Is physical contact the default?

Help?

Lewis

Lewis W Beard wrote:
> All,
>
> I was reading on page 221 of FRED under Susceptibility and I notice it
> doesn't mention the range at which the Susceptibility kicks in. It
> just states "... when exposed to the object or effect to which he is
> Susceptible."
>
> Are there any commonly used factors for range? In other words,
> touching the Kryptonite and being within 15 feet of it could be viewed
> as "exposed". Is 20 feet far enough? Is physical contact the default?

The basic rule was expanded upon in the 5th Edition Champions genre book
(pp. 158-159), since it's most common in the superhero genre. The
default range is 4" (8 meters). If physical contact is required then the
value of the Disadvantage is reduced by 5 points. If ingestion is
required the value is reduced by 10 points.

--
Michael Sears armitage@mhcable.com
"No turning back where the end is in sight.