Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.super-heroes (More info?)

Need more supers for your M&M campaign? This is for you. For those of us who
can't wait for foes of Freedom to hit the shelves, here's a hard cover book for
$24.95 US with over 100 characters. Heroes, villains, agents and bases, enough
to start a whole campaign. Sure, the art's black and white, but for only
$24.95, I'll deal with it. Besides, I can always scan the pictures in an colr
them on my computer. At least the art is better here than in Blood of Heroes.
And the characters are much more original.

Captain Geek

Detryxtyr wrote:

> Need more supers for your M&M campaign? This is for you. For those of us who
> can't wait for foes of Freedom to hit the shelves, here's a hard cover book for
> $24.95 US with over 100 characters. Heroes, villains, agents and bases, enough
> to start a whole campaign. Sure, the art's black and white, but for only
> $24.95, I'll deal with it. Besides, I can always scan the pictures in an colr
> them on my computer. At least the art is better here than in Blood of Heroes.
> And the characters are much more original.

Seconded. I've been enjoying this greatly. It's simple, but the
characters are imaginative, fun and fit together well. The maps are very
useful, and the general quality of the product is impressive. The
artwork *is* B&W, but it's good artwork, elegant and clean. And the
whole shebang is only $24.95.

I kept comparing it to Omlevex while reading it. It's funny, Omlevex has
more passion for the genre, but it spends so much time going for the
look and feel of the Jack Kirby golden age that it gets dull after a
while. The Algernon Files is a far more generic supers book, yet it's
way more interesting and useful.

Well worth getting, and a real asset to any supers campaign.

Doctor TOC
--
The Reverend Doctor "The Other Chris"
Secret Elf, Jive Talkin' Choirboy, Kóri Wulfmangler