Monitor blinks after poweroff

Please can anyone help me. I had my monitor repaired and since then when i
poweroff the monitor for a while it blinks a number of times and then
switches off. I continue to switch the Monitor on/off until it comen on with
the sign 'Genises
-- display Perfection etc. It is most irretating. Please can anyone help.
Thank You.
gagsy66
6 answers Last reply
More about monitor blinks poweroff

    It is obvious that the repair technician did something to the electronics.
    You won't be finding much help here. Sorry!

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    "gagsy66" <gagsy66@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Please can anyone help me. I had my monitor repaired and since then when i
    > poweroff the monitor for a while it blinks a number of times and then
    > switches off. I continue to switch the Monitor on/off until it comen on
    > with
    > the sign 'Genises
    > -- display Perfection etc. It is most irretating. Please can anyone help.
    > Thank You.
    > gagsy66

    Thanks R. Urban. I have had it to the Tech. twice and am assured its OK
    there.
    Any Idea what it could be ?
    Would appreciate some help.
    --
    gagsy66

    "Richard Urban" wrote:

    > It is obvious that the repair technician did something to the electronics.
    > You won't be finding much help here. Sorry!
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Richard Urban
    >
    > If you knew as much as you thought you know,
    >

    > "gagsy66" <gagsy66@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Please can anyone help me. I had my monitor repaired and since then when i
    > > poweroff the monitor for a while it blinks a number of times and then
    > > switches off. I continue to switch the Monitor on/off until it comen on
    > > with
    > > the sign 'Genises
    > > -- display Perfection etc. It is most irretating. Please can anyone help.
    > > Thank You.
    > > gagsy66

    Try it on a different computer. If you get the same condition..............

    --

    > Thanks R. Urban. I have had it to the Tech. twice and am assured its OK
    > there.
    > Any Idea what it could be ?
    > Would appreciate some help.
    > --
    > gagsy66
    >

    > "Richard Urban" wrote:
    >
    >> It is obvious that the repair technician did something to the
    >> electronics.
    >> You won't be finding much help here. Sorry!
    >>
    >> --
    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Richard Urban
    >>
    >> If you knew as much as you thought you know,
    >>

    >> "gagsy66" <gagsy66@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Please can anyone help me. I had my monitor repaired and since then
    >> > when i
    >> > poweroff the monitor for a while it blinks a number of times and then
    >> > switches off. I continue to switch the Monitor on/off until it comen on
    >> > with
    >> > the sign 'Genises
    >> > -- display Perfection etc. It is most irretating. Please can anyone
    >> > help.
    >> > Thank You.
    >> > gagsy66

    This is really a group for software- try and find a group about hardware-
    maybe even tv repairs- and you may get pointed in the right direction.
    good luck

    "gagsy66" <gagsy66@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks R. Urban. I have had it to the Tech. twice and am assured its OK
    > there.
    > Any Idea what it could be ?
    > Would appreciate some help.
    > --
    > gagsy66
    >

    > "Richard Urban" wrote:
    >
    >> It is obvious that the repair technician did something to the
    >> electronics.
    >> You won't be finding much help here. Sorry!
    >>
    >> --
    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Richard Urban
    >>
    >> If you knew as much as you thought you know,
    >>

    >> "gagsy66" <gagsy66@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Please can anyone help me. I had my monitor repaired and since then
    >> > when i
    >> > poweroff the monitor for a while it blinks a number of times and then
    >> > switches off. I continue to switch the Monitor on/off until it comen on
    >> > with
    >> > the sign 'Genises
    >> > -- display Perfection etc. It is most irretating. Please can anyone
    >> > help.
    >> > Thank You.
    >> > gagsy66

    Thank you R Urban and Alan Smith for your suggestions. I will try ahardware
    help site.
    Many thanks.
    --
    gagsy66

    "Alan Smith" wrote:

    > This is really a group for software- try and find a group about hardware-
    > maybe even tv repairs- and you may get pointed in the right direction.
    > good luck
    >

    > "gagsy66" <gagsy66@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Thanks R. Urban. I have had it to the Tech. twice and am assured its OK
    > > there.
    > > Any Idea what it could be ?
    > > Would appreciate some help.
    > > --
    > > gagsy66
    > >

    > > "Richard Urban" wrote:
    > >
    > >> It is obvious that the repair technician did something to the
    > >> electronics.
    > >> You won't be finding much help here. Sorry!
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Regards,
    > >>
    > >> Richard Urban
    > >>
    > >> If you knew as much as you thought you know,
    > >> You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!
    > >>

    > >> "gagsy66" <gagsy66@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    Try: sci.electronics.repair

    Some monitor experts hang out there.

Monitors Microsoft Windows XP