Security question

Mike

Splendid

Right click on my hard drive (have only one)> properties> Security Tab

In the listed group or user names there, besides Administrators and SYSTEM,
I found CREATOR OWNER

Is CREATOR OWNER ceated by Win XP?

As I don't know that user I am afraid someone accessed my computer over the
internet (I have an always-on DSL connection).
If that's the case, how can I find out the eventual content accessed on/
taken from my hard drive?

Does Windows have a way to trace ingoing/ outgoing internet data traffic?

For info:
XP Pro, SP2, up-to-date Norton 2003,

Hi,

> Is CREATOR OWNER ceated by Win XP?

Yes, this is quite normal.

> Does Windows have a way to trace ingoing/ outgoing internet data traffic?

The firewall does not track outgoing traffic, only incoming. You will
generally find this information in the pfirewall.log file located in the
C:\Windows folder. Third party firewalls often offer much better logging
capabilities.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/