12 mini-screen presentation solution advice wanted. ANY advice/ideas.

AlexJamesNewbie

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
Im just looking for any advice or ideas on solutions for the following brief i received as i dont want to say no to work as i have never done it before!

thanks Guys,

"I need to be able to do sales presentations in a variety of locations to groups of people - say 3-12 in number.
I need to be able to show a series of photographs or powerpoint but there often won't be facilities for a projector or large monitor.
I want to be able to provide handheld portable monitors/displays to enable the attendees to view my photographs but the images need to be controlled from a central point (me) via laptop, phone etc to ensure they are seeing the correct image at the same time.
the portable devices need to be as light as possible for transportation, battery powered, preferably reasonably priced, but not cheap and tacky.
I've considered ipads, tablets digital photo frames, difficulty is in controlling multiple displays from one source (ideally without cables). using digital frames possibly as a monitor mirror may be the optimal solution but I haven't yet considered digital glasses or other funky solutions."

Hi :)

Basically your requirement is impossible....

My company builds machines for presentations, and thats from either a Projector or onto a large screen so all your dozen people can see it and control is down to you..

Your problem is the CONTROLLING by you.... its impossible....on that number of devices...

All the best Brett :)

AlexJamesNewbie

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
Thanks, although i have found a solution using 12 Android tablets and bespoke webex based hosting programme. Its gunna cost the C a bomb tho... dont think he realises that.

I think I replied to this question, was there a duplicate in another forum area? Exactly what I suggested, use a web meeting site or program and have the others join the presenter.