remove programs from user accounts

Please couls anyone explain how I can remove programs/applications from a
shared user account.

When loading software for applications like PDA's ,SATNAV etc the icon
always appears on the shared user desktop as well.

I have tried to delete the shortcuts on shared user but system will not allow

Any clues please
--
Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Move the icons from here:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs

To here:

C:\Documents and Settings\<your_username>\Desktop
C:\Documents and Settings\<your_username>\Start Menu\Programs

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please couls anyone explain how I can remove programs/applications from a
> shared user account.
>
> When loading software for applications like PDA's ,SATNAV etc the icon
> always appears on the shared user desktop as well.
>
> I have tried to delete the shortcuts on shared user but system will not
> allow
>
> Any clues please
> --
> Kevin

Thanks Rick - easy whne you know how!
--
Kevin

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> Move the icons from here:
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop
> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs
>
> To here:
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\<your_username>\Desktop
> C:\Documents and Settings\<your_username>\Start Menu\Programs
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Please couls anyone explain how I can remove programs/applications from a
> > shared user account.
> >
> > When loading software for applications like PDA's ,SATNAV etc the icon
> > always appears on the shared user desktop as well.
> >
> > I have tried to delete the shortcuts on shared user but system will not
> > allow
> >
> > Any clues please
> > --
> > Kevin

Thansk agian Rick but I replied too soon!

Your instructions have worked for all icons except MS Outlook. I have
removed from all users desktop and startmenu/programs but icon is still
appearing on shared user desktop

I have checked desktop and programs for the shared user but it is not there

Any further ideas?

--
Kevin

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> Move the icons from here:
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop
> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs
>
> To here:
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\<your_username>\Desktop
> C:\Documents and Settings\<your_username>\Start Menu\Programs
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Please couls anyone explain how I can remove programs/applications from a
> > shared user account.
> >
> > When loading software for applications like PDA's ,SATNAV etc the icon
> > always appears on the shared user desktop as well.
> >
> > I have tried to delete the shortcuts on shared user but system will not
> > allow
> >
> > Any clues please
> > --
> > Kevin

Hi,

Click start/run, type regedit and expand the keys to reach this one:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace

See if there is a key below this that refers to Outlook.

--

> Thansk agian Rick but I replied too soon!
>
> Your instructions have worked for all icons except MS Outlook. I have
> removed from all users desktop and startmenu/programs but icon is still
> appearing on shared user desktop
>
> I have checked desktop and programs for the shared user but it is not
> there
>
> Any further ideas?
>

> --
> Kevin
>

> "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi Kevin,
>>
>> Move the icons from here:
>>
>> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop
>> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs
>>
>> To here:
>>
>> C:\Documents and Settings\<your_username>\Desktop
>> C:\Documents and Settings\<your_username>\Start Menu\Programs
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Please couls anyone explain how I can remove programs/applications from
>> > shared user account.
>> >
>> > When loading software for applications like PDA's ,SATNAV etc the icon
>> > always appears on the shared user desktop as well.
>> >
>> > I have tried to delete the shortcuts on shared user but system will not
>> > allow
>> >
>> > Any clues please
>> > --
>> > Kevin

nothing unfortunately
--
Kevin

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Click start/run, type regedit and expand the keys to reach this one:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace
>
> See if there is a key below this that refers to Outlook.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thansk agian Rick but I replied too soon!
> >
> > Your instructions have worked for all icons except MS Outlook. I have
> > removed from all users desktop and startmenu/programs but icon is still
> > appearing on shared user desktop
> >
> > I have checked desktop and programs for the shared user but it is not
> > there
> >
> > Any further ideas?
> >

> > --
> > Kevin
> >

> > "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Kevin,
> >>
> >> Move the icons from here:
> >>
> >> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop
> >> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs
> >>
> >> To here:
> >>
> >> C:\Documents and Settings\<your_username>\Desktop
> >> C:\Documents and Settings\<your_username>\Start Menu\Programs
> >>
> >> --
> >> Best of Luck,

> >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> >> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
> >> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
> >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> >>
> >> "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Hi Kevin,

What happens when you try to delete that remaining icon? Outlook will place
one in all user accounts by default during setup. There should not be any
reason why you cannot delete it. Have you tried from an admin account yet?

--

> nothing unfortunately
> --
> Kevin
>

> "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Click start/run, type regedit and expand the keys to reach this one:
>>
>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace
>>
>> See if there is a key below this that refers to Outlook.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thansk agian Rick but I replied too soon!
>> >
>> > Your instructions have worked for all icons except MS Outlook. I have
>> > removed from all users desktop and startmenu/programs but icon is still
>> > appearing on shared user desktop
>> >
>> > I have checked desktop and programs for the shared user but it is not
>> > there
>> >
>> > Any further ideas?
>> >

>> > --
>> > Kevin

thanks Rick but still no luck

says "are you sure you want to delete this icon? If you do you can stll
access the program in c\program files\ microsoft office\office. (when i
expand to this there is no sign of outllook) (when I click yes to delete the
icon, nothing happens)

Same thing when I try from admin account, no sign of the program in program
files

It is there somewhere though as it fires up! I think it also has something
to do with the shared user losing emails from her internet server? Is this
possible?
--
Kevin