Win7 oem kit

Henrik2

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
Hello,
How do I create a DVD containing the OS.
It is purely for repair purposes but sometimes it seems to be a neccessety in order to have the system up and running (recently experienced with a Vista-PC).
I bought the new PC with win 7 (64 bit) preinstalled and was unable to be unable to accheive the OEM DVD with the PC.
Best regards
Henrik

Solution
OEMs don't provide you with a "clean" OEM copy of Windows... they instead provide you with recovery discs or an option to create the discs yourself. You can usually order these discs from the OEM for a fee. (Depending on the OEM). These discs contain the factory default image that is on the hard drive when you pull the computer out of the box. They include the OS (obviously) and all software / drivers that were preinstalled.

btk1w1

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2008
Another option is to use an imaging program to keep a stable operating system state. I use Acronis True Image, and I can basically mess my operating system up beyond repair and be safe in the knowledge that I can restore my PC back to a fully functioning state.

Henrik2

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
Hello again,
What is msdn and how do I contact them?
I have a valid licence but wonder how decide which is the licens number and which is the product key.
I suspect the number containing the letters OEM to be the licens number?
And thanks a lot for your answers!
Regards
Henrik
P.S. I use Acronis but have found the windows disk to be very helpfull in some situations.

Henrik2

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010

Hello again,
What is msdn and how do I contact them?
I have a valid licence but wonder how decide which is the licens number and which is the product key.
I suspect the number containing the letters OEM to be the licens number?
And thanks a lot for your answers!
Regards
Henrik
P.S. I use Acronis but have found the windows disk to be very helpfull in some situations.

Henrik2

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
Hello again,
I forgot to end this in a proper and polite way....
Sorry!
I decided to save time and bought a DVD with the OS (OEM-version).
And trust that it will be ablé to do a repair-job if neccessary.
In my experience, it will one day...
Best regards
Henrik

OEMs don't provide you with a "clean" OEM copy of Windows... they instead provide you with recovery discs or an option to create the discs yourself. You can usually order these discs from the OEM for a fee. (Depending on the OEM). These discs contain the factory default image that is on the hard drive when you pull the computer out of the box. They include the OS (obviously) and all software / drivers that were preinstalled.

Solution