NTBackup change?

I have multiple locations using NTBackup under both Win 2K and XP. In the
last week or so they will no longer back up via the schedule. They now stop
and ask for a different tape "volume". These have all run just fine for
many months...

I've reviewed the recent Windows updates but do not see any that appear to
affect NTBackup. Any ideas why?

While I'm asking a question about NTBackup; at one time (yeas ago) there was
the ability to re-read/refresh the **current media** but that no longer
exists. Any way of doing this now?
1 answer Last reply
More about ntbackup change

    "Steve B" <bergtest2003@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I have multiple locations using NTBackup under both Win 2K and XP. In the
    > last week or so they will no longer back up via the schedule. They now
    stop
    > and ask for a different tape "volume". These have all run just fine for
    > many months...
    >
    > I've reviewed the recent Windows updates but do not see any that appear to
    > affect NTBackup. Any ideas why?
    >
    > While I'm asking a question about NTBackup; at one time (yeas ago) there
    was
    > the ability to re-read/refresh the **current media** but that no longer
    > exists. Any way of doing this now?

    I haven't used NTBackup, but are you sure you are not running
    into a size limit for the backup volume ?? I see that sort of thing
    when you hit one of the magic boundaries sometimes (2 gig etc.).
    You might try disk cleanup if you haven't or delete some stuff
    (copy to a different drive?) and see if that lets it run.

    mikey

Microsoft Windows XP