USB Controller missing in Device Manager

Hi
I recently formated my HD and reloaded xp. I noticed that I have a driver
missing called Universal Serial Bus(USB) Controller missing in Device
Manager.

I have tried all my drivers but nothing help.

Could someone help me Please???

Thanx
Nick
4 answers Last reply
More about controller missing device manager

    Is it switched off in bios ? ...if so XP won't know it's there :-)

    regards, Richard

    "Nick" <mcois@dvrpoxy.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I recently formated my HD and reloaded xp. I noticed that I have a driver
    > missing called Universal Serial Bus(USB) Controller missing in Device
    > Manager.
    >
    > I have tried all my drivers but nothing help.
    >
    > Could someone help me Please???
    >
    > Thanx
    > Nick

  2. Set defaults in BIOS to enable USB Controllers
    *************************************
    I had exactly the same problem , when I reinstalled Windows XP(SP2) on my friend's computer:
    USB Controllers were not listed in Device Manager.
    It was MDG system with Intel's integrated motherboard.
    I think integrated motherboard caused the problem.
    I was reinstalling Windows from desk top maker's CD.
    They recommend to install chipset driver and BIOS update first thing after complete reinstall,
    but that did not resolve the issue.
    I spent almost 2 days trying to find solution. I searched Google and tried everything I found on differnet forums and Microsoft website, installing .NET Framework and other available updates. Nothing worked.
    I knew I had to re-enable USB in BIOS.
    But when in BIOS, I could not modify entry for USB, it did not allow me to do that.
    I was not allowed to select USB on Advanced tab.
    SO I just selected Set Defaults (F9), and immediately I could see that USB was enabled. I saved and restarted the computer...
    The problem was resolved. After restart, the system found USB controllers and installed them.
    PS : Microsoft claims the problem can be resolved by installing Windows updates, but it never did.
    I noticed this problem is quite "popular". I personally went through 20 or more sites.
    PS: another workaround: to buy separate USB (2 or 4 ports) card, if 1st solution does not help.
    Good luck! I know what you feel!
  3. :bounce: :bounce: ;) :) :hello: :wahoo: :sol: :sol: :sol: :sol: :sol: :sol: :) :) :) :) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :wahoo: :wahoo: :wahoo: :wahoo: :wahoo: :wahoo: :wahoo: :wahoo: :wahoo: :wahoo: :wahoo: :wahoo: :wahoo: :wahoo: :wahoo: :wahoo: :wahoo: :wahoo: :wahoo: :wahoo: :wahoo: :wahoo: :wahoo: :wahoo: :wahoo: :wahoo: :wahoo: :wahoo: :wahoo: :wahoo: :wahoo:

    roccking man . you r great man luckydip.God bless u. ucan not belive this how much i am happy ......ur really great man .thanks for sharing... i always remember u in my life .........i not getting word to discribe u ,,,,,,,.........but .............u r really great man.this word says evry thing what i want to say[][][][][][][][/][/][/][/][/][/][/]
  4. thanks yaar it was a great help to me.... i m very happy.. thanks a lot

Device Manager Controller USB Windows XP