What is the folder "My Recent Documents" used for? It contains a huge number
of shortcuts for documents long deleted. Can entries be deleted? Is there an
easy way to clean it up?

Hi

It's the list you see when you go to Start>Documents - but doesn't seem to
empty the folder when that list is cleared. You can delete the contents of
that folder if you wish, but it will fill up again over time.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 08:04:30 -0700, "Dennis Marks" <denmarks@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>What is the folder "My Recent Documents" used for? It contains a huge number
>of shortcuts for documents long deleted. Can entries be deleted? Is there an
>easy way to clean it up?

This folder keeps the links to the latest documents you worked with --
so you can reopen them fast, via Start button: Start -- My Recent
Documents.

Correct way to empty this folder is:
Right click 'Start' button -- Properties -- Start Menu tab -- Customize
button -- Advanced tab -- Clear List button.

--
Mikhail Zhilin
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)

Dennis,

See:

How To Display, Use, and Clear "My Recent Documents" on the Start Menu in
Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307875&sd=tech

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP