XP SP1a or XP SP1 which one was release 1st?

I would like to know which one was release first?

XP SP1a or XP SP1

typeLL wrote:
> I would like to know which one was release first?
>
> XP SP1a or XP SP1

Of course SP1 was released first as the version numbers indicate. Each
subsequent service pack includes all of the current updates and hotfixes
plus any included in previous service packs.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

http://www.dts-l.org/

Windows XP Service Pack 1 came out on August 30, 2002.

Windows XP Service Pack 1a came out on February 3, 2003.

Windows XP and Windows XP SP1 had Microsoft VM (Virtual Machine).

Windows XP SP1a does not have Microsoft VM (Virtual Machine).

[[Windows XP SP1a is the same as Windows XP SP1 except that the Microsoft
virtual machine (VM) is removed in SP1a.]]

[[On February 3, 2003, Microsoft released SP1 again as SP1a.]]
Differences Between Windows XP SP1 and Windows XP SP1a
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813926

Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 1 30-Aug-2002
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 17-Sep-2004

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 30-Aug-2002
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 17-Sep-2004
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/lifesupsps

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:E7371D98-C315-4EB8-B3C3-A8D2B6E19CB3@microsoft.com,
typeLL <typeLL@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I would like to know which one was release first?
>
> XP SP1a or XP SP1

SP1 was first.. it included Java stuff.. Sun complained and SP1a was
released..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User