Your question

How to get into the bios pc703

Last response: in Mobile Computing
April 16, 2012 3:08:05 PM

how to get into the bios pc703

More about : bios pc703

April 16, 2012 4:07:36 PM

Hello raycom1;

It might be time to crack open the manual that came with your PC703.

April 17, 2012 8:02:03 AM

WR2 said:
Hello raycom1;

It might be time to crack open the manual that came with your PC703.

Ok! but it was bought 2nd hand, hence the question, how do you get into the bios. Have read that pressing the F1 key on start up but that doesn't work. Heard that taking the memory out and upgrading but there is no conventional ram in it. It just sits there after pressing the on button at a screen saying "Wireless Book" Only way to switch this screen off is to remove battery or press the reset button!
Any help here would be great!
Related resources
April 17, 2012 11:08:01 AM

Have you tried the F2 key during bootup?

A downloadable manual if you don't have one with the machine.

Got a link to the manufactures website?

April 17, 2012 11:35:49 AM

WR2 said:
Have you tried the F2 key during bootup?

A downloadable manual if you don't have one with the machine.

Got a link to the manufactures website?

Yes tried all F keys, plus combinations. Google returns rubbish sites selling nothing to do with PC703 and ones mentioning manuals say they haven't got it, in the small print, after lots of adverts!!! As for the manufacturer the only label on the back is Made in China!!
Thanks for the suggestions though.
April 17, 2012 11:39:58 AM

Could it's name be "Allfine PC 703 Mini Netbook" ?
April 17, 2012 11:40:49 AM

April 17, 2012 2:16:55 PM

I have seen this name and others and it looks like the pic you show only in silver but unfortunately the only site that says it has a manual for the Allfine then asks for a small payment at the end of their blurb. Don't mind the charge but have fallen for this one a couple of times in the past only to find that they then produce a duff download or openly admit that they haven't got the file!!!
Thanks for the suggestions... I have already done a fair bit of research on the net but as yet nobody can say where to get the elusive manual even if it does exist. Would have thought that someone knows which button to push to get into the bios.
April 17, 2012 2:35:28 PM

Yeah, don't fall for that - usually a ripoff. You could end up with a generic manual that has nothing to do with your specific model.

It's not exactly a typical notebook/netbook. Those embedded Win CE OS... what ever they are ... are a whole different breed.
April 17, 2012 2:57:10 PM

You've been great, if I find the answer I will let you know...Thanks again, I think I'll put this one down to experience and keep it for spares should I get a working one!
Regards Ray
Anonymous
February 11, 2013 10:32:51 AM

I don't know if you're still checking this thread, but there's a whole community dedicated to these little fellas. Look at http://mininetbooks.your-board.com for more information on it. The PC703 is also a derivative of the CNMbook Silver though pretty much the same.

I've read holding Shift on boot will take you to a bios type thing, but I've not needed to try that yet.
!