Books on superheroes

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.super-heroes (More info?)

I have The Encyclopedia of Superheroes and The Encyclopedia of Supervillains,
both by Jeff Rovin. I've heard of The Great Canadian Comicbook Heroes but I've
never seen a copy. I'd like to find more books in a similar vein. Especially
for non-American characters. What better place to ask than here. :cool:

I figure with the international reach of this board, someone should have a few
ideas.

The only problem: I only read American. I'm passable with English. :cool:

Captain Geek

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.super-heroes (More info?)

>I have The Encyclopedia of Superheroes and The Encyclopedia of Supervillains,
>both by Jeff Rovin. I've heard of The Great Canadian Comicbook Heroes but
>I've
>never seen a copy. I'd like to find more books in a similar vein.

I don't know where he found them, but for my last birthday a friend got me
"Super Duper Supermen!" and "Space Aces!", both of which cover British comics
of the 1940's and 1950's.

::checking inside covers:: Here's the ISBNs for them:

Super Duper Supermen 1-872532-84-5
Space Aces 1-872532-89-6

I would have liked more detail on some of those characters, but they're both
nice overviews.

Leah