Liteon 52x24x52 Drive not burning

Acert93

Distinguished
May 29, 2003
Hello,

I am having problems with a CD-RW drive and was wondering if someone had any advice or could point me to a place where I can get some help.

The drive is a Liteon LTR-52246S 52x-24x-52x (Firmware: 6SOF). I can read off the drive fine, but I cannot write. I get this error:

'WRITE' command failed on device 1:0:0
ASPI request timed out
Error code: -105
sub-code: -21

I have tried Nero and BurnQuick and neither work. I uninstalled and disconnected the drive and reinstalled it and disabled "Enable CD Recording on this drive" and I got it to write files, then I tried copying a CD and it would not work. Now it wont copy files either :/

I have had the drive over a year and have never been able to get it to write. At the time I did not need to write with it so it was not a big deal (did not even know it did not work for 6 months), but now I need to use it and it is not working...

Any advice? Thanks!

wrong section! DIE!

<font color=blue><font color=red>Blow</font color=red> Dry <font color=red>my ass</font color=red> and call me <font color=red>Eden</font color=red>!</font color=blue>

<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com//modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=10" target="_new">lol! New thread is here everyone!</A>

<font color=blue><font color=red>Blow</font color=red> Dry <font color=red>my ass</font color=red> and call me <font color=red>Eden</font color=red>!</font color=blue>