Sign in with
Your question

One pc two networks possible

Last response: in General Connectivity
August 30, 2012 12:30:00 AM

Hello,
i have a server 2003 machine which has active directory installed so my network is controlled by this pc; i'm removing my current isp which provided me with a static I.P address which i gave to uses which required access to the internet, my problem is now this my new isp only provides dynamic addresses how do i get pass this... i receive errors when putting in the new isp address because the naming convention is different eg my whole scheme is 196.0.0.** and the isp is for eg 10.8. 123.88 ... how do i resolve this???

More about : networks

January 23, 2013 9:54:51 AM

admin7 said:
Hello,
i have a server 2003 machine which has active directory installed so my network is controlled by this pc; i'm removing my current isp which provided me with a static I.P address which i gave to uses which required access to the internet, my problem is now this my new isp only provides dynamic addresses how do i get pass this... i receive errors when putting in the new isp address because the naming convention is different eg my whole scheme is 196.0.0.** and the isp is for eg 10.8. 123.88 ... how do i resolve this???

How are you accessing your ISP? Cable modem? Do you have a router between your network and the internet? A little more info on your setup will enable us to help you better :) 
m
l
!