"To Hit" Conventions in Champions

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.super-heroes (More info?)

I was reading the most recent Hero system book (black book) to
familiarize myself with rule changes and realized that a long held
habit, a 3 always hits and an 18 always misses, may just be holdovers
from an ancient D&D past.
I can't find any evidence in the 5th or 4th editions that
there is such a thing as an automatic hit or miss. Does anyone know
of such a rule, or have I been playing under this house rule so long
that it feels like canon.

thanks,
Ice Cold

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 11:18:09 -0700, Ice Cold wrote:

> I was reading the most recent Hero system book (black book) to
> familiarize myself with rule changes and realized that a long held
> habit, a 3 always hits and an 18 always misses, may just be holdovers
> from an ancient D&D past.
> I can't find any evidence in the 5th or 4th editions that
> there is such a thing as an automatic hit or miss. Does anyone know
> of such a rule, or have I been playing under this house rule so long
> that it feels like canon.

FRED, p244:

A result of 3 on an Attack Roll always succeeds... a result of 18
always fails....

HTH HAND

--
Phoenix