workgroup PC's

I have a sony computer in my network that i can access from mij own Dell
computer. it's in the same workgroup. The problem is that it's impossible for
the sony computer to access the shared docs or the printer on the Dell
computer.
Who can help me to solve this problem?

Hi,

I've found the document you can download here to be very helpful:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=fd7fd48d-6b4a-448e-a632-076f98a351a2&displaylang=en

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"luthor" <luthor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a sony computer in my network that i can access from mij own Dell
> computer. it's in the same workgroup. The problem is that it's impossible
> for
> the sony computer to access the shared docs or the printer on the Dell
> computer.
> Who can help me to solve this problem?

"luthor" <luthor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a sony computer in my network that i can access from mij own Dell
> computer. it's in the same workgroup. The problem is that it's impossible
> for
> the sony computer to access the shared docs or the printer on the Dell
> computer.
> Who can help me to solve this problem?

Most, or a lot of the times, this is caused by not having users and
password assigned.

luthor wrote:
> I have a sony computer in my network that i can access from mij own Dell
> computer. it's in the same workgroup. The problem is that it's impossible for
> the sony computer to access the shared docs or the printer on the Dell
> computer.
> Who can help me to solve this problem?

Me!

Is is a computer - computer netwk? Or are you sharing an internet
connect between the two.

Are both machine running win XP? Home or Pro?

Or is one 98 and one XP?

I need this info before I can help you any further.