Sign in with
Your question

BSOD and windows 7 wont install.

Last response: in Windows 7
September 1, 2012 9:49:25 PM

So I just finished building my new build a week ago. I installed windows and everything was working fine. The next day a BSOD poped up and I ignored since it didnt pop up again. But recently it kept poping up when i play games ( GW2 :p ). It kept poping up and up until it would pop up even before i logged on. I try re installing windows but it would say missing file or BSOD would pop up. I also tried with a different HD and the same situation.

What could be the problem? I try everything.

Specs
Intel i5 2500k
gtx 570hd 2.5
8gb ram (2 4gb sticks)
500gb HD Western
Gigabyte ultra durable mother board.
September 1, 2012 10:14:49 PM

Anyone can build a computer, right ? Wrong !
The only successes are the lucky ones.
"ultra durable motherboard" means nothing to me.
Did you make sure PSU delivers the amps you need on all voltages for the hw you put in ? Did you match voltage on RAM to voltage MB delivers by default, no OC ? Did you OC the CPU or anything else in Bios ? Do you have the correct Bios settings ? Did you install Windows after all HW settings were finalized ? Did you run memtestx86 ? Did you setup AHCI correctly ? Did you install Chipset drivers for MB, before all other drivers ?
m
l
September 1, 2012 10:16:47 PM

What does your power situation look like?

Having enough, clean and stable power is key to system stability. Try swapping the power supply out with another one (at least 500 watts) to see if the system still blue screens.

Spending a little extra for a good quality power supply will go a long way in prolonging the life of your components and keeping you stable. Stick with the name brands such as antec and coolermaster. Their midrange and highend stuff usually uses high quality capacitors and tend to deliver the correct voltages on all the rails, even under heavy load.

Failing that, check your ram. Run one stick at a time in GW2 and see if it happens again. Is the memory compatible with your motherboard?
m
l
Related resources
September 1, 2012 10:17:53 PM

Do you have High temp. problems while gaming ? (CPU and/or GPU over 75C) Do you have voltage fluctuations that are over 0.25V on anything ? (spikes) Did you re-seat all Hardware in the PC ?
m
l
September 1, 2012 10:30:27 PM

LittlBilly76 said:
What does your power situation look like?

Having enough, clean and stable power is key to system stability. Try swapping the power supply out with another one (at least 500 watts) to see if the system still blue screens.

Spending a little extra for a good quality power supply will go a long way in prolonging the life of your components and keeping you stable. Stick with the name brands such as antec and coolermaster. Their midrange and highend stuff usually uses high quality capacitors and tend to deliver the correct voltages on all the rails, even under heavy load.

Failing that, check your ram. Run one stick at a time in GW2 and see if it happens again. Is the memory compatible with your motherboard?

I have 600w corsair.

And I cant even log on to my comp.

It goes straight to system repair and says there was no problems and its just an endless cycle.
m
l
September 1, 2012 10:31:28 PM

Cyberat_88 said:
Do you have High temp. problems while gaming ? (CPU and/or GPU over 75C) Do you have voltage fluctuations that are over 0.25V on anything ? (spikes) Did you re-seat all Hardware in the PC ?

Everything was done perfectly.
m
l
September 1, 2012 10:50:09 PM

I sense some un-needed hostility.

Download WhoCrashed and copy/paste the conclusion to get us started. **can be done via safe mode W/ networking**

I highly doubt power supply. Reboots and shut downs are indicative of PSU. BSOD indicates a hardware/software problem.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 1, 2012 11:32:15 PM

Amusing that your temperatures are OK and that you are not overclocking then it sounds as if you are having memory problems. Download memtest86 and run for at least three passes to test your memory.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 2, 2012 12:04:00 AM

VineZ28 said:
Everything was done perfectly.

heard that before, i work in a workshop fixing everyones mistakes -- from other shops, "backyarders", everyone.

Everyone claims to know something, i just fix there mistakes and smirk at them because i can.

Dont tell me its perfect if your having issues.

Now to the point

You have a K series processor aka unlocked aka overclocking version.

Reset your cmos, force the ram to a low speed 1066 or 1333, 1.55v and CL9 and see what effect that has.

Also what brand/model psu do you have?

Make sure with a new PC you actually test everything 100% under load (prime/furmark, hdtune, memtest) to make sure you have a 100% functional computer.

ALL computers (laptops and desktops) should be able to handle anything all the time at any given time no matter what, if it cant handle it theres a problem.
m
l
!