terry

Win XP Pro (u/g from Win98)

I am lost as how to fix the message I get on booting up, that "new hardware
found" requiring the software for USB controller!!!.
My bios indicates an IRQ assigned for USB is Enabled.
This problem arrose when attemts to install my USB scanner, where I have
installed/unistalled all latest drivers possible (98 & XP).
TIA

Terry wrote:
> Win XP Pro (u/g from Win98)
>
> I am lost as how to fix the message I get on booting up, that "new hardware
> found" requiring the software for USB controller!!!.
> My bios indicates an IRQ assigned for USB is Enabled.
> This problem arrose when attemts to install my USB scanner, where I have
> installed/unistalled all latest drivers possible (98 & XP).
> TIA

You could try installing compatible drvers instead of using the drivers
specifically for your hardware.

From his spyware and virus infected Windoze box, Robert Gething had this to
say:

> Terry wrote:
>> Win XP Pro (u/g from Win98)
>>
>> I am lost as how to fix the message I get on booting up, that "new
>> hardware found" requiring the software for USB controller!!!.
>> My bios indicates an IRQ assigned for USB is Enabled.
>> This problem arrose when attemts to install my USB scanner, where I have
>> installed/unistalled all latest drivers possible (98 & XP).
>> TIA
>>

> You could try installing compatible drvers instead of using the drivers
> specifically for your hardware.

And where would one get USB2 drivers except from Microsoft?

--
Get Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP here:
"A must-have for your Toy Operating System"