Connecting a t40 to new modem with wireless

Tags:
  • Wireless Access
  • Wireless
  • Modem
Last response: in General Connectivity
September 7, 2012 11:55:26 AM

Hello,
have problem connectiong to a new router modem bob light from iinet t40 connected to the old belkin no problems ,now get message network password needs to be 40bit or 104 bits can be entered as 5 or 13 ASCII charcters or 10 -- 26 Hexidecimal characters means zero to me ,the modem works on daughters newer laptop no worries put in pass words and bingo straight on,tech from IINET was at a loss,suggesated a new laptop , this one works great may be old but does the job any help appreciated.

More about : connecting t40 modem wireless

Best solution

a c 79 F Wireless
September 11, 2012 9:58:56 PM

Get a new wifi card, PCMCIA format. The T40 and T41 laptops have issues connecting to new security tech in WiFi.

September 18, 2012 3:24:48 PM

hang-the-9 said:
Get a new wifi card, PCMCIA format. The T40 and T41 laptops have issues connecting to new security tech in WiFi.

oops lost the firt one

thanks for the help ,remembered i had an old t23 in the shack i used to log calls till it died ,attached was a comfast model CF-300ns usb adaptor ieee802.11b/g/n 300mbps wireless adaptor info for any one else with the same problem.cost was AU$14 some 2 years ago on the net.

thought nothing ventured nothing gained ,loaded the mini disk played about for about 20mins and switched off the internal card and BINGO works like a charm

thanks for the help

regards
carronade
andrew
m
l
September 18, 2012 3:25:52 PM

Best answer selected by carronade.
m
l