Solved

Connecting a t40 to new modem with wireless

Hello,
have problem connectiong to a new router modem bob light from iinet t40 connected to the old belkin no problems ,now get message network password needs to be 40bit or 104 bits can be entered as 5 or 13 ASCII charcters or 10 -- 26 Hexidecimal characters means zero to me ,the modem works on daughters newer laptop no worries put in pass words and bingo straight on,tech from IINET was at a loss,suggesated a new laptop , this one works great may be old but does the job any help appreciated.
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about connecting modem wireless
  1. Best answer
    Get a new wifi card, PCMCIA format. The T40 and T41 laptops have issues connecting to new security tech in WiFi.
  2. hang-the-9 said:
    Get a new wifi card, PCMCIA format. The T40 and T41 laptops have issues connecting to new security tech in WiFi.

oops lost the firt one

thanks for the help ,remembered i had an old t23 in the shack i used to log calls till it died ,attached was a comfast model CF-300ns usb adaptor ieee802.11b/g/n 300mbps wireless adaptor info for any one else with the same problem.cost was AU$14 some 2 years ago on the net.

thought nothing ventured nothing gained ,loaded the mini disk played about for about 20mins and switched off the internal card and BINGO works like a charm

thanks for the help

regards
    carronade
    andrew
  3. Best answer selected by carronade.
Ask a new question

Read More

Wireless Access Wireless Modem