• Flat Panel Monitors
  • TV
  • Games
  • Monitors
  • Peripherals
  • Product
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
December 15, 2006 12:48:34 PM

Hi guys I have been putting my pc together for the last 6 weeks now and Im almost there except for the monitor anyway Im big into tv,pc games,playstation games so I want a monitor that will basically be my tv and monitor at the same time.

I will be playing my xbox360,pc games watching and recording tv shows/movies/soccer matches live dvds etc on it (its for my bedroom) so what do you guys think off this lcd tv here http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=315390 im from Ireland so this is basically the only place I can buy from so what do you think off it I have until saturday to buy a monitor otherwise my pc wont be ready for christmas thanks guys

More about : samsung lcd hdtv built tuner remote

December 15, 2006 2:27:24 PM

Quote:
Hi guys I have been putting my pc together for the last 6 weeks now and Im almost there except for the monitor anyway Im big into tv,pc games,playstation games so I want a monitor that will basically be my tv and monitor at the same time.

I will be playing my xbox360,pc games watching and recording tv shows/movies/soccer matches live dvds etc on it (its for my bedroom) so what do you guys think off this lcd tv here http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=315390 im from Ireland so this is basically the only place I can buy from so what do you think off it I have until saturday to buy a monitor otherwise my pc wont be ready for christmas thanks guys

You would do better to get the gaming monitor you want, the add a separate PCI TV tuner, if possible.
a b x TV
a b C Monitor
December 17, 2006 1:21:54 AM

Quote:
Quote:
You would do better to get the gaming monitor you want, the add a separate PCI TV tuner, if possible.

I strongly agree with Hose. Buy an LCD monitor, not an LCD TV. Then purchase a tv tuner card seperately and watch tv through your computer. You'll have a higher quality display (and maybe spend the same amount or less money).
December 18, 2006 2:31:28 AM

I agree with both dudes... LCD HDTV's blow monkey balls. From a price and quality standpoint, you'd be better off with a 19 inch DVI LCD Monitor. If you really need it for cable or satellite (in HD)... here's my suggestion:

Buy a DVI switch box. That way you can have your cake and eat it too. If you want to watch telly, switch the box over to the cable/sat. box. If you want to play games... switch back to the computer.

Simple really. Just make sure your cable box has DVI or HDMI out (you can buy a HDMI to DVI cable easily). Now... if you don't have cable or satellite, definitely BUY an HDTV tuner card. Then you'll have the best of both worlds.
!