No audio on dvd

July 2, 2005 9:31:36 PM

I have s situation where commercial dvd's play ok on the Widows Media Player
but movies I make using Pinnacle 9.0, have no Audio. The video is good.

My OS is XP. Is there a solution.

Richard

More about : audio dvd

Anonymous
July 3, 2005 12:07:08 AM

Hi,

Do the movies made with the Pinnacle software work ok on other machines? If
not, then there is a problem with the Pinnacle software, and their support
would probably be the right place to be asking this question.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Richard" <dandr@nogood.net> wrote in message
news:o cqDMX1fFHA.3912@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>I have s situation where commercial dvd's play ok on the Widows Media
>Player but movies I make using Pinnacle 9.0, have no Audio. The video is
>good.
>
> My OS is XP. Is there a solution.
>
> Richard

Anonymous
July 3, 2005 10:53:59 AM

Seems to be a Pinnacle problem.
http://www.pinnaclesys.com/homepage/support.asp?Langue_...

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Richard wrote:
> I have s situation where commercial dvd's play ok on the Widows Media Player
> but movies I make using Pinnacle 9.0, have no Audio. The video is good.
>
> My OS is XP. Is there a solution.
>
> Richard

July 3, 2005 3:25:22 PM

Richard wrote:
> I have s situation where commercial dvd's play ok on the Widows Media Player
> but movies I make using Pinnacle 9.0, have no Audio. The video is good.
>
> My OS is XP. Is there a solution.
>
> Richard

Use nero startsmart to recode the DVD with audio.
July 4, 2005 12:28:22 PM

I have tried all the solutions on here and I still have the same problem.The
sound is good on my home DVD player but there is no sound on Windows Media
Player 10. I have upgraded pinnacle but there is no difference accept that
it now locks up.

Thanks for the ideas.

"Richard" <dandr@nogood.net> wrote in message
news:o cqDMX1fFHA.3912@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>I have s situation where commercial dvd's play ok on the Widows Media
>Player but movies I make using Pinnacle 9.0, have no Audio. The video is
>good.
>
> My OS is XP. Is there a solution.
>
> Richard

Anonymous
July 6, 2005 9:16:41 AM

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 08:28:22 -0500, "Richard" <dandr@nogood.net> wrote:

>I have tried all the solutions on here and I still have the same problem.The
>sound is good on my home DVD player but there is no sound on Windows Media
>Player 10. I have upgraded pinnacle but there is no difference accept that
>it now locks up.

Not sure about the lockups, but maybe you're missing a codec. When a
media file plays on windows, windows goes thru a fairly complex
process of chaining together codecs and adaptors and splitters to
pilot the video and audio to your output (screen and your audio
drivers). If any components are missing, you'll hit a dead end.
Sometimes codecs that work inside an app (like your authoring prog)
will not find a good match for their 'pins' when playing via another
channel.

I just saw a codec set on FileHippo, but I can't vouch for it's
integrity. To be honest, it caught my attention cause of the hippo.
But here's a URL: http://www.filehippo.com/download_codec_pack.html
As always, research and scan *everything*.
July 7, 2005 2:14:59 PM

I have already tried that site. Commercial DVD's work ok. it is just those I
created with a program called Pinnacle that have no audio. I finally found a
Pinnacle Email that hope works and am waiting for an answer.

Thanks

!