Sign in with
Your question

Win7 home to pro

Last response: in Windows 7
September 2, 2012 1:37:22 AM

I am running win7 home x64 i just bought a full version of win7 pro. I tried the anytime upgrade and it wont take the key maybe cause its a full version not an upgrade. So I did a fresh install it took the key then and activated but I could not restore my files on my backup to the new win7 pro. Thank God for backups so I restored my computer back. How can I get this new full version of win7 pro x64 to install and keep all my programs and settings????????????????

I was guessing install it as a second boot device then delete win7 home if this is what I should do let me know how please.
If not give me some ideas. Pulling hair over this I'm gonna go bald lol

HELP PLEASE

More about : win7 home pro

a b $ Windows 7
September 2, 2012 1:49:36 AM

Anytime upgrade is only a key (no physical media), you need a full time internet connection, and expect it to take a long time. If you do a fresh install then you have to reinstall all software, you can't restore them from a backup.
m
l
September 2, 2012 2:19:54 AM

ex_bubblehead said:
Anytime upgrade is only a key (no physical media), you need a full time internet connection, and expect it to take a long time. If you do a fresh install then you have to reinstall all software, you can't restore them from a backup.

I have a full time internet connection it just wont take the key but will in a new install
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 2, 2012 2:23:54 AM

Then what you have is not an anytime upgrade key.
m
l
!