250 Point Project - Dinobot

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.super-heroes (More info?)

I don't know how many people watched Beast Wars and played Champions,
but I decided to try my hand at converting some of the characters from
that show as 250 Point Project Champions characters.

Here is Dinobot!

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mathewignash/csdinobot.html

Dinobot for Champions (100+150)

''I am warrior... let the battle be joined. '' - Dinobot

Real name: Dinobot
Other known aliases: Bronto Brain, Lizard Lips.
Occupation: Front-Line Combat
Current group affiliation: Maximals
Rank: 6
Past group affiliations: Predacons
Major enemies: Predacons, formerly Maximals.
First appearance: Beast Wars Part 1.
Origin: Beast Wars Part 1.
into a dinosaur.

Characteristics

26 STR 16
12 DEX 6
20 CON 20
10 BODY 0
10 INT 0
18 EGO 16
12 PRE 2
8 COM -1
10 PD 5
9 ED 5
4 SPD 18
9 REC 0
40 END 0
33 STUN 0
Characteristics Cost: 87

Powers and Skills

3 Discriminatory,Smell,Linked(-1/2),"to Shape Shift."
10 EC (10),"Transformer powers"
11a) 7/7 Armor
15b) 15" Running,1/2 END(+1/4) 2
8c) Shape Shift,"Dinosaur",Incantation(-1/4),0 END Persistent
(+1) 0
1 Life Support, only needs half food intake.
19 Life Support,doesn't breathe,safe in vacuum/pressure,safe in
heat/cold,immune to aging
7 4 OCV Missile Deflection,deflect bullets,OAF(-1),Only in
robot form.(-1/4)
36 MP (45),Only in appropriate form.(-1/4)
2u 2D6 HKA,"Claws or Bite.",vs physical defense,No Knockback
(-1/4),Restrainable(-1/2),0 END(+1/2) 0
2u 2D6 HKA,"Sword",vs physical defense,OAF(-1),0 END(+1/2) 0
2u 3D6 RKA,"Eye lasers.",Concentrate(-1/4),No Knockback(-1/4),
Restrainable(-1/2) 4
3 Radio XMIT/REC,OIF(-1/2)
4 1 BODY Regen,recovery rate: per hour,Linked(-1/2),"to Shape
Shift."
3 +0" Running,x4 Non-Combat,Linked(-1/2),"to Shape Shift." 0
6 26 STR,1/2 END(+1/4) 0
18 6 Levels: with laser, claw/bite and sword.,tight group
3 Stealth 11-
3 Survival 11-
3 Tactics 11-
3 Tracking 11-
1 WF,Swords
Powers Cost: 163

Disadvantages

Base Points: 100
15 Accidental Chg,"To beast form if stunned.",common,occur 11-
5 Distinctive,"Talking dinosaur-bot.",easily concealable,minor
15 Hunted,"By anti-Maximal forces.",as powerful,harsh,appear
11-
15 Psych Lim,"Competative",common,strong
15 Psych Lim,"Walking attitude with teeth.",very common,
moderate
15 Psych Lim,"Always looking to prove his abilities. ",common,
strong
15 Psych Lim,"Code of honor.",common,strong
5 Rep,"Heroic alien robot.",occur 8-
5 Rep,"Traitor",occur 8-
10 Rivalry,"with other Maximal warriors.",professional,PC rival
15 Unluck,3D6
10 Vuln,"to high energon attacks in robot form.",uncommon,x2
stun
10 Watched,"By Maximal leaders.",more powerful,non-combat
influence,mild,appear 11-
Disadvantages Total: 150

Experience Spent: 0
Total Points: 250

Explanation of the conversion:

History: After Megatron II stole the golden disk from the Maximals on
the planet Cybertron, he stole a Predacon ship with transwarp
technology alongside his followers Dinobot, Scorponok II, Terrorsaur,
Waspinator and Tarantulas. Followed by Optimus Primal and his crew
aboard the ship Axelon, the two fought in space and crashed. The
Maximals and Predacons, having traveled back in time, crashed on
prehistoric Earth, where high energon levels threatened to destroy the
crew unless they adopted organic alternate modes. Dinobot was given a
form based on fossil DNA from an Earth dinosaur. Dinobot challanged
Megatron II's ability to lead the Predacons. A missile from Scorponok
left Dinobot without allies. He decided to find the Maximals and
challanged Optimus Primal to a battle for leadership. Optimus won the
fight, but decided to keep Dinobot as a member of his team.

''You slipped... to defeat you in such a manner would have been lacking
in honor. I would not have earned the right to lead. I prefer to defeat
my opponents the old-fashioned way... BRUTALLY!'' - Dinobot refuses to
defeat Optimus Primal the easy way.

Although he found it difficult to fit in, Dinobot became a loyal
Maximal.

Dinobot was killed protecting a group of pre-humans from Megatron II's
attempt to erase the human race from ever existing to become allies of
the Autobots.

''Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly, the ill deeds along
with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is
silence.'' - Dinobot's last words.

Trivia: On the Beast Wars television show, the voice of Dinobot is
played by actor Scott McNeil.

Powers: Dinobot is strong, fast and very brave. He carries a sword and
spinning shield. His eyes emit powerful lasers. He transforms into a
Velociraptor with vicious teeth and claws. In beast mode he has an
enhanced sense of smell and can run quickly. He repairs damage to his
form quicker in beast mode and his better protected from high energon
levels as well.

Weaknesses: Dinobot adheres to a strict code of honor and can be very
confrontational with his fellow Maximals. Dinobot lacks access to
ranged attacks in beast mode.

--
Mathew

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.super-heroes (More info?)

His STR is 26. It costs 16 points to make it that.

I based his 12 DEX on the Skill rank of 6 of 10 in his Tech Spec. 6 out
of 10 us 12 out of 20, get it?

---
Mathew

In article <1102690325.409816.119850@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
Mathew <mathewignash@comcast.net> wrote:
>Real name: Dinobot
>Other known aliases: Bronto Brain, Lizard Lips.

Don't forget Chopper Face!

>Characteristics
>
>26 STR 16
>12 DEX 6

I know your 250 point limitation means characteristics will tend to be
FAR lower than they should be, but within those limitations I'd shift points
to give STR 20 and DEX 14. He's one of the more agile Maximals. His overall
figured characteristics will go down, of course, probably put the 2 points
saved on SPD into bringing the PD back up to 10 and grabbing a point of STUN.

Dave Van Domelen, thinks Maximals and Predacons would be more
appropriate to a 350 point project.

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.super-heroes (More info?)

Or, he's just jumping, with his 26 STR.

Plus remember that abilities are relative. He'd still be running rings
around other guys with lesser STR, lesser DEX and less combat levels.

Still, if you want to write a higher point version of Dinobot (I admit,
I barely fit him in using Tech Spec based stats), please post it as
well. The more the merrier or whatever.

You want to talk about bad tech spec translations though, wait until
you real Tarantulas with his below average Intelligence!!! I may have
to ignore the tech specs on that one.

--

Mathew

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.super-heroes (More info?)

In article <1102705876.231477.49550@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
Mathew <mathewignash@comcast.net> wrote:
>His STR is 26. It costs 16 points to make it that.
>
>I based his 12 DEX on the Skill rank of 6 of 10 in his Tech Spec. 6 out
>of 10 us 12 out of 20, get it?

A) Transformers techspec cards make ROTTEN RPG stat sources. Besides,
Speed maps better to Dex, Skill often refers to technical skills.

B) Dinobot jumps around like a Wuxia fighter in the cartoon. I'd give
him a Dex of 23-29 in a "not constrained to 250 points" real adaptation.

Dave Van Domelen, also notes that a 10 in a techspec is NOT normal human
maximum.

Dave Van Domelen wrote:
> Dave Van Domelen, also notes that a 10 in a techspec is NOT
normal human
> maximum.

I don't translate one for one, but i do use them based on the following
formula.

Tech Spec Strength x2 plus 10 (base human STR) for STR (plus bonuses
for growth).

Tech Spec Intelligance x2 for INT

Tech Spec Speed plus 6 (base human RUN) plus 1 for each level of Growth
for Run.

Tech Spec Endurance plus 15 for CON also, add Tech Spec Endurance to ED
and PD. Armor equals Tech Spec Endurance or levels of Growth, whichever
is higher.

Tech Spec Rank x2 plus levels of Growth for PRE (being higher ranked or
taller makes you more impressive).

Tech Spec Courage x2 for EGO.

Tech Spec Firepower divided by 2 for basic firepower in RKA (with halfs
in Firepower as 1/2 D6).

Tech Spec Skill x2 for DEX.

Also, this is just a baseline, but I start from these numbers and
adjust as I see fit when converting a Transformer.

Mathew

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.super-heroes (More info?)

I just noticed in several episodes his eye beams knock people across
the room. I'm removing the "no knockback" on them.

Mathew