installing win2k on top of winXP

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.misc (More info?)

Hi,
4 years ago, I have designed some projects with a tool that works fully
well only under win2k. since then i have switched to another area, but
i have got back to the same field over the last months.

Obviously i want to build on my previous experience. currently, the
company which developed the tool is no more supporting the old versions
and as such my implemented projects can't even be read with their new
tool version.

I am under pressure to get back my designs as soon as possible.

as a first attempt to address the above problem, i have freed a whole
partition in the windowsXP PC that i am using to install windows 2k.
However, this seems not possible. Microsoft recommends to install the
old versions of the OS before the new ones. I am just wondering is
there any workaround? i am not allowed to uninstall windows XP from the
PC that i am using!

Many thanks for your help...

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.misc (More info?)

Tony;
This should help with what you need to do:
http://dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_repair_2k.htm

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

Tony wrote:
> Hi,
> 4 years ago, I have designed some projects with a tool that works fully
> well only under win2k. since then i have switched to another area, but
> i have got back to the same field over the last months.
>
> Obviously i want to build on my previous experience. currently, the
> company which developed the tool is no more supporting the old versions
> and as such my implemented projects can't even be read with their new
> tool version.
>
> I am under pressure to get back my designs as soon as possible.
>
> as a first attempt to address the above problem, i have freed a whole
> partition in the windowsXP PC that i am using to install windows 2k.
> However, this seems not possible. Microsoft recommends to install the
> old versions of the OS before the new ones. I am just wondering is
> there any workaround? i am not allowed to uninstall windows XP from the
> PC that i am using!
>
> Many thanks for your help...

Multi partition your disk and install 2K as a second OS.