Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 64bit first timer ram question for game pc.

Last response: in Windows 7
September 2, 2012 3:20:25 AM

Im going to load 64bit version of windows 7 on my game pc soon I think but Id never used a 64bit OS before and had a couple general questions. Pc its going on is strictly just for gaming and nothing else really.

1) Is it even worth reloading my pc to play games on? I know the extra ram recognition will help with some games but I didnt know if I would see an improvement over that.

2) Will I have problems with games like world of warcraft, battlefield 3 guild wars 2 and so on? Will be mostly new games on it, quite a few running via steam.

3) Ill upgrade my ram from its current 4gb. Will 8gb be enough to run both windows and games just fine?

Thank you.
September 2, 2012 3:32:31 AM

8 Gig of RAM is plenty for any game or anything else. Don't know what your internet speed is but you can run World of warcraft on a DSL speed of 768K. Ping (latency) is what you have to look at when playing multiplayer games. What is your processor? What is your video card? That will make a difference. 8 Gig of RAM is absolutely fine.
m
l
September 2, 2012 3:49:25 AM

pav2pav said:
8 Gig of RAM is plenty for any game or anything else. Don't know what your internet speed is but you can run World of warcraft on a DSL speed of 768K. Ping (latency) is what you have to look at when playing multiplayer games. What is your processor? What is your video card? That will make a difference. 8 Gig of RAM is absolutely fine.

Im on cable with 30mb download and 1 up.

Geforce 570.

Intel core i5 2500.

What I meant about being able to play games fine is in compatibility with 64bit. Id heard a lot of people say there is compatibility issues with games, but Id heard a lot say other there isnt as well.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 2, 2012 5:27:58 AM

As long as it's not a 16 bit game you should have no issues at all. (And even then an emulator does wonders.) I don't know any gamer who doesn't use 64bit w7.
m
l
!