Sign in with
Your question

Thinkpad X30 w/XP won't connect to AT&T Elevate mobile hotspot

Last response: in General Connectivity
September 18, 2012 4:14:50 PM

Hello,

I'm having a problem connecting my IBM Thinkpad X30 with XP Pro to my AT&T Elevate mobile hotspot wireless network. The network shows up in the list and shows strong signal, but when I attempt to connect, the progress window times out and I'm not connected.

I talked to an AT&T support tech but she couldn't resolve the issue. My laptop connects to my home wireless network without any problems.

Any thoughts or suggestions on how I might fix this? Thanks, in advance.

mimart

September 19, 2012 4:20:03 PM

Try getting an external wifi card. X30 is an old laptop, if you are using the onboard wireless it's probably not compatible with the hotspot.
m
l
September 20, 2012 2:41:30 AM

Thanks for your reply. I've suspected it might be a compatibility issue also. My new Kindle Fire connects to the hotspot just fine.

The laptop works fine on my home network (D-Link). Any suggestions on a good value WiFi card? Thanks.
m
l
September 28, 2012 3:54:57 PM

hang-the-9 said:
Try getting an external wifi card. X30 is an old laptop, if you are using the onboard wireless it's probably not compatible with the hotspot.

Yes same problem happened with me earlier, trust me my laptop old model was also not compatible with this but when I upgraded this it becomes perfect.
m
l
!