I had a backup drive installed. And before I started the Start Up
Recovery Disc on my computer, I moved all of my files to this backup
drive thinking that I would have them after I recovered factory programs
on my computer. To my utter surprise, the backup drive does not show up
when i open My Computer and look under the Hard Drive section. HELP!
What should I do? Is there any way at all possible to recover my backup
drive or reverse the recovery process? THANK YOU!

Did you format the drive?

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Linda NGuyen" <xxlinneyxx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I had a backup drive installed. And before I started the Start Up Recovery
>Disc on my computer, I moved all of my files to this backup drive thinking
>that I would have them after I recovered factory programs on my computer.
>To my utter surprise, the backup drive does not show up when i open My
>Computer and look under the Hard Drive section. HELP! What should I do?
>Is there any way at all possible to recover my backup drive or reverse the
>recovery process? THANK YOU!

R-click "My Computer"
Select "Manage"
Open "Disk Management"
Find your second hard drive, and "Mount" the disk

steve

"Linda NGuyen" <xxlinneyxx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I had a backup drive installed. And before I started the Start Up Recovery
>Disc on my computer, I moved all of my files to this backup drive thinking
>that I would have them after I recovered factory programs on my computer.
>To my utter surprise, the backup drive does not show up when i open My
>Computer and look under the Hard Drive section. HELP! What should I do?
>Is there any way at all possible to recover my backup drive or reverse the
>recovery process? THANK YOU!

You may need to take ownership of the drive.
http://rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Taking_ownership
--
Ron Sommer

"Linda NGuyen" <xxlinneyxx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I had a backup drive installed. And before I started the Start Up Recovery
>Disc on my computer, I moved all of my files to this backup drive thinking
>that I would have them after I recovered factory programs on my computer.
>To my utter surprise, the backup drive does not show up when i open My
>Computer and look under the Hard Drive section. HELP! What should I do?
>Is there any way at all possible to recover my backup drive or reverse the
>recovery process? THANK YOU!

In addition, the drive may need to be added to the mbr, these can do that:

testdisk www.cgsecurity.org
mbrwork www.terabyteunlimited.com

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Linda NGuyen wrote:
> I had a backup drive installed. And before I started the Start Up
> Recovery Disc on my computer, I moved all of my files to this backup
> drive thinking that I would have them after I recovered factory programs
> on my computer. To my utter surprise, the backup drive does not show up
> when i open My Computer and look under the Hard Drive section. HELP!
> What should I do? Is there any way at all possible to recover my backup
> drive or reverse the recovery process? THANK YOU!

NO NEED TO REVERSE THE RECOVERY PROCESS, JUST GOTO
HTTP://WWW.DRIVERGUIDE.COM AND DWNLA AND RE-INSTALL THE DRIVERS FOR YOUR
BACKUP DRIVE.

Malke

Robert Gething wrote:

> Linda NGuyen wrote:
>> I had a backup drive installed. And before I started the Start Up
>> Recovery Disc on my computer, I moved all of my files to this backup
>> drive thinking that I would have them after I recovered factory
>> programs
>> on my computer. To my utter surprise, the backup drive does not show
>> up
>> when i open My Computer and look under the Hard Drive section. HELP!
>> What should I do? Is there any way at all possible to recover my
>> backup
>> drive or reverse the recovery process? THANK YOU!
>>

> NO NEED TO REVERSE THE RECOVERY PROCESS, JUST GOTO
> HTTP://WWW.DRIVERGUIDE.COM AND DWNLA AND RE-INSTALL THE DRIVERS FOR
> YOUR BACKUP DRIVE.

Mr. Gething - Shouting doesn't make your bad advice good.

Linda - Please tell us exactly what kind of backup drive this is. Is it
an external or internal hard drive? If external, what
make/model/interface? If internal, does it show up in the BIOS? Do
*nothing* further with that particular drive until you determine what
has happened. Please detail what exactly you mean by "Recovery
Process".

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers

Gordon

"Robert Gething" <virusking1052733@aol.com> wrote in message

> NO NEED TO REVERSE THE RECOVERY PROCESS,

FIX your caps lock or your shift key. DO NOT post in all capitals