Wireless Connection for Win 7 Home Premium

CutiePengu

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012
I just got a brand new laptop with Win 7 Home Premium. I have a Belkin Router. I spent almost 8 hrs on chat with tech support yesterday at Belkin. They could not figure out why we could not connect our Win 7 to the wireless Internet connection.

We still are not connected with it. It keeps telling us that we need to change everything from WEN to WPA. Although the Belkin people say that we should be connected the via the WEN.

When connected to the router, it goes online, once taken off the router, it totally goes off line, and won't let us get online wirelessly.

We have tried having the laptop set as OBTAIN, and have also tried putting in the information in the boxes under obtain.

Still no internet connection wirelessly.

Please help, as it is driving me friggin crazy, and I'm tired of arguing with everyone here about HOW it should be done, even though I am listening to the Belkin Tech Support on how to connect it wirelessly.

The computer is a Dell Inspirion, Win 7 Home Premium. We just spent $1800 on it, so it is really necessary to get it so that it will connect to wi/fi, even if its not here at this house.

THANKS

Kim