Fantastic Four Movie

Last response: in Video Games
January 10, 2005 9:28:45 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.super-heroes (More info?)

It's coming this summer. Is it going to be another Spider-Man/X-Men,
or is it going to be another Daredevil/Hulk? Judging by the stills
I've seen-

(http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/fantastic-four.asp)

I think it'll be the latter- the producers don't even care enough about
the source material to make the Storm's blonde.

Jessica Alba as Sue Storm? No.

And the Thing looks wrong. They should have just CGI'd him.

So, who would YOU have cast?

And how about some ideas about Champions stats for the FF and Dr Doom?
This group is getting lame.

More about : fantastic movie

Anonymous
January 11, 2005 12:46:16 AM

Shawn Wilson wrote:

> And how about some ideas about Champions stats
> for the FF and Dr Doom?

My own personal version of Dr. Doom is at:

http://westguard.blackgate.net/index.php/Thornmallow

bblackmoor
2005-01-10
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 3:36:54 PM

Bradd W. Szonye wrote:

> > I think it'll be the latter- the producers don't even care enough
about
> > the source material to make the Storm's blonde.
> >
> > Jessica Alba as Sue Storm? No.
>
> Dude, did you look at the publicity photos? Sue Storm /is/ blonde.

Looks more light brown to me. The 'blondness' is due to the
backlighting.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 2:44:14 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.super-heroes (More info?)

On 10 Jan 2005 18:28:45 -0800, "Shawn Wilson" <Ikonoqlast@gmail.com>
wrotC:D RIVE_E

> Is it going to be another Spider-Man/X-Men,
>or is it going to be another Daredevil/Hulk?

More like another Punisher or Captain America.
Evolution doesn't take prisoners:Lizard
"I've heard of this thing men call 'empathy', but I've never
once been afflicted with it, thanks the Gods." Bruno The Bandit
http://www.mrlizard.com
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 3:09:34 AM

Shawn Wilson wrote:
> Looks more light brown to me. The 'blondness' is due to the
> backlighting.

In the street scenes, she's clearly blonde. In the solo pose, it looks
/darker/ because of the backlighting (and possibly also dark roots). You
got it exactly backwards.
--
Bradd W. Szonye
http://www.szonye.com/bradd

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.super-heroes (More info?)

"Shawn Wilson" <Ikonoqlast@gmail.com> wrote in

> I think it'll be the latter- the producers don't even care enough
> about the source material to make the Storm's blonde.

Gee, all the pics of Alba as Sue Storm show her as a blonde.

Marc
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 7:33:51 AM

Shawn Wilson wrote:
> It's coming this summer. Is it going to be another Spider-Man/X-Men,
> or is it going to be another Daredevil/Hulk?

I liked the Hulk a great deal. Your comparison is meaningless.

Now, if you'd said "Or is it going to be another Fantastic Four or
Captain America movie", THAT would have made sense. If you were among
those unfortunate enough to have seen either. Which I was. Which I
daily bewail.

Judging by the stills
> I've seen-
>
> (http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/fantastic-four.asp)
>
> I think it'll be the latter- the producers don't even care enough about
> the source material to make the Storm's blonde.

Um. Alba's gone blonde for Sue Storm. You're blind.

> And the Thing looks wrong. They should have just CGI'd him.

Actually... he looks pretty close to the way he was when he first
changed. The tougher, rockier version took a while to show up.

--
Sea Wasp
/^\

Shawn Wilson wrote:
> It's coming this summer. Is it going to be another Spider-Man/X-Men,
> or is it going to be another Daredevil/Hulk? Judging by the stills
> I've seen-
>
> (http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/fantastic-four.asp)
>
> I think it'll be the latter- the producers don't even care enough about
> the source material to make the Storm's blonde.
>
> Jessica Alba as Sue Storm? No.
>
> And the Thing looks wrong. They should have just CGI'd him.
>

> So, who would YOU have cast?
>
> And how about some ideas about Champions stats for the FF and Dr Doom?
> This group is getting lame.

For those, like me, who saw the 'Roger Corman' version, there isn't much
improvement on the Thing. I just compared the pics of the front and back
cover, and the Thing looks pretty much the same. Now, for those who
don't know Roger Corman... he's mostly known for his B-Movies style.
Often fun, but mostly 'cheap' movies.

Gilles
!