Fantastic Four Movie

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.super-heroes (More info?)

It's coming this summer. Is it going to be another Spider-Man/X-Men,
or is it going to be another Daredevil/Hulk? Judging by the stills
I've seen-

(http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/fantastic-four.asp)

I think it'll be the latter- the producers don't even care enough about
the source material to make the Storm's blonde.

Jessica Alba as Sue Storm? No.

And the Thing looks wrong. They should have just CGI'd him.

So, who would YOU have cast?

And how about some ideas about Champions stats for the FF and Dr Doom?
This group is getting lame.
7 answers Last reply
More about fantastic movie
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.super-heroes (More info?)

    Shawn Wilson wrote:

    > And how about some ideas about Champions stats
    > for the FF and Dr Doom?

    My own personal version of Dr. Doom is at:

    http://westguard.blackgate.net/index.php/Thornmallow

    bblackmoor
    2005-01-10
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.super-heroes (More info?)

    Bradd W. Szonye wrote:

    > > I think it'll be the latter- the producers don't even care enough
    about
    > > the source material to make the Storm's blonde.
    > >
    > > Jessica Alba as Sue Storm? No.
    >
    > Dude, did you look at the publicity photos? Sue Storm /is/ blonde.

    Looks more light brown to me. The 'blondness' is due to the
    backlighting.
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.super-heroes (More info?)

    On 10 Jan 2005 18:28:45 -0800, "Shawn Wilson" <Ikonoqlast@gmail.com>
    wrotC:DRIVE_E

    > Is it going to be another Spider-Man/X-Men,
    >or is it going to be another Daredevil/Hulk?

    More like another Punisher or Captain America.
    Evolution doesn't take prisoners:Lizard
    "I've heard of this thing men call 'empathy', but I've never
    once been afflicted with it, thanks the Gods." Bruno The Bandit
    http://www.mrlizard.com
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.super-heroes (More info?)

    Shawn Wilson wrote:
    > Looks more light brown to me. The 'blondness' is due to the
    > backlighting.

    In the street scenes, she's clearly blonde. In the solo pose, it looks
    /darker/ because of the backlighting (and possibly also dark roots). You
    got it exactly backwards.
    --
    Bradd W. Szonye
    http://www.szonye.com/bradd

    "Shawn Wilson" <Ikonoqlast@gmail.com> wrote in

    > I think it'll be the latter- the producers don't even care enough
    > about the source material to make the Storm's blonde.

    Gee, all the pics of Alba as Sue Storm show her as a blonde.

    Marc
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.super-heroes (More info?)

    Shawn Wilson wrote:
    > It's coming this summer. Is it going to be another Spider-Man/X-Men,
    > or is it going to be another Daredevil/Hulk?

    I liked the Hulk a great deal. Your comparison is meaningless.

    Now, if you'd said "Or is it going to be another Fantastic Four or
    Captain America movie", THAT would have made sense. If you were among
    those unfortunate enough to have seen either. Which I was. Which I
    daily bewail.

    Judging by the stills
    > I've seen-
    >
    > (http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/fantastic-four.asp)
    >
    > I think it'll be the latter- the producers don't even care enough about
    > the source material to make the Storm's blonde.

    Um. Alba's gone blonde for Sue Storm. You're blind.

    > And the Thing looks wrong. They should have just CGI'd him.

    Actually... he looks pretty close to the way he was when he first
    changed. The tougher, rockier version took a while to show up.

    --
    Sea Wasp
    /^\

    Shawn Wilson wrote:
    > It's coming this summer. Is it going to be another Spider-Man/X-Men,
    > or is it going to be another Daredevil/Hulk? Judging by the stills
    > I've seen-
    >
    > (http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/fantastic-four.asp)
    >
    > I think it'll be the latter- the producers don't even care enough about
    > the source material to make the Storm's blonde.
    >
    > Jessica Alba as Sue Storm? No.
    >
    > And the Thing looks wrong. They should have just CGI'd him.
    >

    > So, who would YOU have cast?
    >
    > And how about some ideas about Champions stats for the FF and Dr Doom?
    > This group is getting lame.

    For those, like me, who saw the 'Roger Corman' version, there isn't much
    improvement on the Thing. I just compared the pics of the front and back
    cover, and the Thing looks pretty much the same. Now, for those who
    don't know Roger Corman... he's mostly known for his B-Movies style.
    Often fun, but mostly 'cheap' movies.

    Gilles

Movies Games Video Games